When in Manila, traffic is already a given. Sadly, we can’t do anything about it, as yet. At the moment, all we could do is sit, listen to music, and appreciate the things we see in the streets. Realistically, because of the heat and frustrations, we tend to commit road rage. Luckily, you can prevent this by staying calm and listening to music.
Benefits of Listening to Music
There are heaps of benefits by listening to music. But the most common ones are the following:
- It helps cure anxiety and depression
- It enhances your mood to work or exercise
- It lowers stress levels and improves health
- It helps you become happier
….. and more. In fact, there’s a study done in the Netherlands that listening to music while driving can lead to better behavior, which may help you overcome frustration and road rage.
So, without further ado, here are my 15 songs you could also listen to while you’re stuck in traffic!
15. Justin Bieber – Sorry
14. Pharell – Happy – listening to this song will literally make you happy.
13. Meghan Trainor – All About the Bass
12. Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk
11. Michael Jackson – Rock With You
10. The Verve – Bitter Sweet Symphony
The song isn’t too loud nor too mellow for you to fall asleep. In fact, its orchestra-ish harmony could help stimulate your mind to become calm.
9. The Chainsmokers – Roses
I love how smooth harmony and melody of this song. Not too rave-ish for me, which is just chill.
8. SWV – Right Here
Nothing beats 90s music. Period. To add, the melody is just amazingly relaxing.
7. Mariah Carey – Underneath the Stars
Although, the song makes you reminisce about your romantic event with your bae, the song is perfect to listen to when it’s raining.
6. Fat Joe Feat. Ja Rule & Ashanti, What’s Love
If you feel like thinking about your clubbin’ days, listen to this song. This song makes you feel like groovin’.
5. Santana – Maria Maria
Another hit during the 90s. Another R&B jam you could blast when you feel like you’re gonna blow up because of the traffic.
4. Third Eye Blind – How’s It Going To Be
3. Gwent Stefani – The Sweet Escape
2. Timbaland ft. Justin Timberlake – Carry Out
1. Fergie – Glamorous ft. Ludacris
My favorite part of the song is: “if you ain’t got no money, take your broke ass home!”
Dealing with traffic and stress is evitable. Oftentimes, we see ourselves mad about the situation. So, before we take it out on someone else, start listening to your favorite songs.
It was Albert Einstein who said: “If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician.”
So, what are the songs you listen to? Share it below so I can include them in my next list of traffic jams part 2!