BLACKPINK’s Lisa just broke another Guinness World Record.
According to Guinness, her song “MONEY” is the “first K-pop track by a solo artist to reach 1 billion streams on Spotify.”
It added, “The music video for ‘MONEY’ is also one of the most popular videos ever shared on the BLACKPINK YouTube account, with a whopping 904 million views.”
The song is the B-side to Lisa’s debut single “LALISA.”
This is the eighth world record she’s broken since 2021.
In 2021, she broke the records:
- Most viewed YouTube music video by a solo artist in 24 hours for “LALISA”
- Most viewed YouTube music video in 24 hours by a solo K-pop artist for “LALISA”
- First solo K-pop winner at the MTV Video Music Awards for “LALISA”
- Fastest solo K-pop artist to reach 1 billion streams on Spotify (female)
- First solo K-pop winner at the MTV Europe Music Awards
In 2023, the singer was also recognized by the Guinness World Records for “Most followers on Instagram for a K-pop artist” and “First album by a solo K-pop artist to reach 1 billion streams on Spotify.”
Of course, BLACKPINK is no stranger to breaking world records.
Together, Lisa, Jisoo, Jennie, and Rosé have broken the following records:
- Most streamed female group on Spotify
- First K-pop group to reach No.1 on the UK albums chart (female)
- First K-pop group to reach No.1 on the US albums chart (female)
- Most subscribers for a band on YouTube
- Most viewed music channel on YouTube (group)
What do you think? Share your thoughts below!
Do you have a story for the WhenInManila.com Team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a direct message at WhenInManila.com Facebook Page. Interact with the team and join the WhenInManila.com Community at WIM Squad. Join our Viber group to be updated with the latest news!