1. Visit Intramuros – Intramuros, also known as the Walled City, is a historical landmark in Manila. Here you can explore the ruins of Spanish colonial architecture and learn about the city’s rich history. You can also take a tour on a kalesa (horse-drawn carriage) or a bamboo bicycle to explore the area.
2. Explore Rizal Park – Rizal Park is a 140-acre park located in the heart of Manila. It is a great place to relax, have a picnic, or take a stroll. You can also visit the National Museum of the Philippines, which is located within the park.
3. Visit the Manila Ocean Park – The Manila Ocean Park is a world-class marine park that features a variety of marine life, including sharks, rays, and sea turtles. You can also experience a 25-meter underwater tunnel and watch live shows featuring dolphins and sea lions.
4. Shop at the Greenhills Shopping Center – Greenhills Shopping Center is a popular shopping destination in Manila. It is home to over 2,000 stores that sell everything from designer clothes to gadgets and electronics.
5. Visit the San Agustin Church – The San Agustin Church is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is one of the oldest stone churches in the Philippines. The church features a baroque-style architecture and has an impressive collection of religious art and artifacts.
6. Enjoy the nightlife in Bonifacio Global City – Bonifacio Global City is a modern business district in Manila that is known for its vibrant nightlife. It features a variety of bars, clubs, and restaurants that cater to different tastes and budgets.
7. Take a food tour in Binondo – Binondo, also known as Manila’s Chinatown, is a popular food destination in the city. It is home to a variety of Chinese restaurants and food stalls that offer authentic Chinese cuisine.
8. Visit the – The National Museum of Natural History is a must-visit attraction in Manila. It features an impressive collection of natural history specimens, including the famous “Lolong,” the world’s largest crocodile in captivity.
9. Watch a show at the Cultural Center of the Philippines – The Cultural Center of the Philippines is a world-class performing arts venue that features a variety of shows, including ballets, operas, and concerts.
10. Visit the Fort Santiago – The Fort Santiago is a historical fortress that played a significant role in the Philippine Revolution and World War II. It features a museum that showcases the country’s history and has a beautiful view of the Manila Bay.
11. Indulge in a local spa experience – Manila is home to a variety of spas that offer traditional Filipino massages, body scrubs, and other wellness treatments. A visit to a reputable spa can be a great way to unwind and rejuvenate during your stay in the city.
12. Pamper yourself with a facial or skincare treatment – If you’re looking for a more extensive skincare treatment, Manila has many aesthetic clinics that offer a range of services. From facials to laser treatments, there are options available to suit every budget and skincare concern.
13. Take advantage of affordable dental care – The cost of healthcare in the Philippines is significantly lower than in many other countries, making it a popular destination for medical tourism. If you’re in need of dental work, Manila has many reputable clinics that offer high-quality services at affordable prices. Seeing a dentist during your visit can help you save money on healthcare expenses while also improving your oral health.
In conclusion, Manila is a city that has something to offer for everyone. From its rich history and culture to its modern attractions and nightlife, it is a must-visit destination in the Philippines. Make sure to check out these top 10 things to do when in Manila to have an unforgettable experience.