Of course, who hasn’t heard of The Fault in Our Stars (a heartbreaker) and Paper Towns by the prominent author and vlogger, John Green, especially when these books became blockbuster movies worldwide?!
It was a very tough decision to decide on no more than three quotations from each one of his books – Looking for Alaska, An Abundance of Katherines, Let It Snow: Three Holiday Romances with Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle, Paper Towns, The Fault In Our Stars, and Will Grayson, Will Grayson with David Levithan. Nevertheless, here are my personal favorites and I hope we have the same opinion about this!
“Looking For Alaska”
18. “People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos, is because things are being loved and people are being used.”
17. “I’m not going to be one of those people who sits around talking about what they’re gonna do.
I’m just going to do it. Imagining the future is a kind of nostalgia.
You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you’ll escape it one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present.”
16. “It always shocked me when I realized that I wasn’t the only person in the world who thought and felt such strange and awful things.”
“An Abundance of Katherines”
15. “What’s the point in being alive if you don’t at least try to do something remarkable?”
14. “And the moral of the story is that you don’t remember what happened. What you remember becomes what happened. And the second moral of the story, if a story can have multiple morals, is that Dumpers are not inherently worse than Dumpees – breaking up isn’t something that gets done to you; it’s something that happens with you.”
13.“But there was no denying her smile. That smile could end wars and cure cancer.”
“Let It Snow: Three Holiday Romances with Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle”
12. “I always had this idea that you should never give up a happy middle in the hopes of a happy ending, because there is no such thing as a happy ending.”
11. “Once you think a thought, it is extremely difficult to unthink it.”
10. “There is always the risk: something is good and good and good and good, then all at once it gets awkward.”