The biggest names of digital media came together last Thursday, October 3, at Club Haze in the Fort Strip, BGC—as the first ever Virtual Style Awards by Style Bible, the online home of Preview Magazine, was conducted to give recognition to the most creative and influential movers, shakers and trendsetters of the online style community.
With Jieneb Kho, Nikka Peralta and Nicole Cruz of Summit Media
With Kim Jones
Wearing a closet staple Forever 21 dress
Kim Jones with Divine Lee
Hosted by Vicky Herrera, the following individuals with an outstanding digital presence were recognized and awarded (based on 50% online voting, and 50% editors’ votes):
- Best Wardrobe Blogger: Tricia Gosingtian
- Best Online Reporter: Jenni Epperson
- Best Beauty Blogger: Nikki Tiu
- Best Photographer: Your Evil Twin
- Best Online Portfolio: Thursday Room
- Best Instagram Microblogger: Kim Jones
- Best Twitter Microblogger: KC Concepcion
- Best Celebrity Site: Divine Lee
- Best Fashion Film Maker: Fold Canela
- Editors’ Choice: Everywhere We Shoot
Aside from the awards, Preview Magazine also highlighted its #IMAPreviewGirl campaign, which was introduced in their September 2013 issue featuring “It” girl, Georgina Wilson as she was transformed into four different personas. Using the hasthag, netizens are able to express their various interpretations on what it means to be a Preview girl. Because of this, the Preview Editorial Team invited a few of their director friends to create short films of what #IMAPreviewGirl means to them and presented these throughout the evening.
To view these excellently-crafted films, visit the Junkyard. Make sure to watch all of them, and pay close attention to “How Not to Instagram” by Joel Limchoco.
StyleBible.PH: Virtual Style Awards 2013