Last week, I finally fulfilled my dream to visit and spend a whole day at Ocean Park in Hong Kong! It was truly a dream come true for me to visit one of the World’s Best Theme Parks! That day, I got to experience their thrilling and chilling Halloween attractions for their Halloween Fest 2014 so I wasn’t able to experience their regular famous attractions, but I promise to go back and experience them next time so I can tell you all about them!
My visit at Ocean Park Hong Kong was not fun……. it was SUPER FUN with never ending EXCITEMENT! Highly recommended!! Instead of the usual Hong Kong Shopping trip, never leave Hong Kong without spending a day at Ocean Park!
With this, allow me to share with you some useful tips when visiting Ocean Park Hong Kong!
Before visiting, remember these:
1. Wear comfortable shorts and shirt (plus extra t-shirt) especially when visiting during their summer time (which is our monsoon season) since Hong Kong’s weather is generally very hot during these times. If you’re visiting around December to March (where it’s their cold season), best to wear a jacket of course.
2. Put on your most comfortable shoes/slippers because you’ll surely walk almost the whole day as Ocean Park is really big and expect huge crowds by the afternoon. I was told that more than 20,000 people visit Ocean Park daily so best to come early!
3. Bring water/drinks because the prices inside the park are quite expensive (around 45HK$ which is around P258 for a bottle) and you ought o save your money to buy souvenir items instead.
4. Wear a hat or bring an umbrella to protect yourself from the sun. Wear sun block.
5. Bring a Camera and take lots of photos!
As I mentioned earlier, Ocean Park Hong Kong is a huge place so prepare yourself for lots of walking. But of course, there are rides which can help you go around the park and reach the summit easily…
ride the Ocean Express
it’s a fast train to get to the roller coaster and the area where the penguins are
or best to take the cable car to reach the summit!
Where to E
During my Ocean Park visit, I was able to dine at 2 of their most famous restaurants. I highly recommend you also visit them to enjoy both a good dining and visual experience.
Here at the Tuxedo Restaurant is where you can view these cuddly lovable penguins! I’m sure you’l fall in love with them!
This was one of the highlights of my trip!! Truly worth visiting!
If you want to impress anyone with a spectacular view like this, then you must dine at Neptune’s Restaurant!
below Neptune’s is where guests are viewing the huge aquarium as well!
MUST EXPERIENCE RIDES
I believe these rides need no introduction as the photos will speak for itself! I must try all of these soon!!
Of course, never leave Ocean Park without bringing home souvenirs!
Everyday is actually the BEST DAY to visit Ocean Park Hong Kong and believe me, it’s truly one of the best and happiest places in the planet!
Wanna experience an epic Halloween?? My best advice is to go to Hong Kong and visit Ocean Park to join their Halloween Fest from Oct 2-31!!
For more info, visit Ocean Park Halloween Fest 2014 official site
Aberdeen, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 3923 2323 Fax: (852) 2873 5584
Like them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hkoceanpark