Planning on a trip to South Korea?
If so, you might need to apply for a visa sooner. According to the Korean embassy, they will be increasing the number of days to process the visas.
The post on their website says:
From Sep. 12, 2019, visa processing period of temporary visitor’s visa(C-3) will increase from 10 days (for both first time and frequent travelers) to expected additional date gradually due to increase in number of Korean visa applicants. We will announce the releasing date on the Embassy homepage every Monday. Also ask the agency about the exact releasing date on the claim stub after applying.
If you need yours expedited to just five days, you can apply for an express visa. This will cost P1,000 and you need to satisfy the following:
1. The applicant who is invited by the Korean government and public agency
2. The applicant who is invited by a Korean company, school, and organization
3. The family members of Korean(parents, spouse, children, family of spouse, etc.)
4. The direct family members of a foreigner who stay in Korea with registered alien card
5. The applicant who needs urgent medical treatment, with accidents and with humanitarian reason
6. The applicant who has the official request from the Philippine government office
7. The applicant who doesn’t belong to #1-6 but recognized urgent matter for the better diplomacy relationship
The Korean embassy urges everyone planning to travel to their country to apply for a visa earlier.
Do you have a story for the WhenInManila.com Team? Email us at email@example.com or send us a direct message at WhenInManila.com Facebook Page. Interact with the team and join the WhenInManila.com Community at WIM Squad!