Kapamilya actress Kathryn Bernardo and Kapuso actor Dingdong Dantes are two of the biggest winners of the third annual Entertainment Editors’ Choice Awards for Movies, or The Eddys, held last Sunday, July 14.
Kathryn, fresh from her Best Actress win at the 35th Philippine Movie Press Club (PMPC) Star Awards for Movies, also took home the Best Actress award for her role in romance drama The Hows of Us.
Dingdong, meanwhile, bagged the award for Best Actor for his performance in Sid & Aya: Not a Love Story.
Other big winners of the awards night include Joel Lamangan who won Best Director for Rainbow’s Sunset which starred Tony Mabesa, Gloria Romero, and the late Eddie Garcia; Arjo Atayde for Best Supporting Actor for Buy Bust; and Max Collins for Best Supporting Actress for Citizen Jake.
The film Liway, directed by Kip Oebanda, was also recognized for multiple awards as the best in screenplay, best in editing, and overall best picture.
The full list of winners for The Eddys 2019 are as follows:
- Best Picture: Liway
- Best Director: Joel Lamangan
- Best Actress: Kathryn Bernardo (The Hows of Us)
- Best Actor: Dingdong Dantes (Sid & Aya: Not a Love Story)
- Best Supporting Actor: Arjo Atayde (Buy Bust)
- Best Supporting Actress: Max Collins (Citizen Jake)
- Best Screenplay: Liway
- Best Cinematography: Aurora
- Best Visual Effects: Aurora
- Best Musical Score: Bakwit Boys
- Best Production Design: Goyo
- Best Editing: Liway
- Best Original Theme Song: “Maybe The Night” by Ben & Ben (Exes Baggage)
- Best Sound: Bakwit Boys
- Joe Quirino Award: Cristy Fermin
- Manny Pichel Award: Ethel Ramos
- Producer of the Year: Star Cinema
- Rising Producers’ Circle: Spring Films and T-Rex Entertainment
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Elwood Perez
- Posthumous Award: Dolphy
- BeauteDerm Red Carpet Choice: Lorna Tolentino
Congratulations to all the winners!