Who could ever forget the Baked Salmon of Conti’s? If you cut into it, you’ll get a cross-section of tender flakes of pink salmon topped with a creamy garlic sauce and a layer of cheese. On the side, you get a colorful mix of diced carrots, corn, and peas served alongside a helping of paella.
An indulgent treat, the Baked Salmon is a special dish for celebratory feasts and birthdays. If you have a special day lined up, we’ve discovered a Cheesy Baked Salmon recipe— made Conti’s style—courtesy of foodie mom and blogger Gel Jose on her blog beingjellybeans.com!
Here’s the cheesy lowdown, and trust us: it’s sure to become a family favorite!
Cheesy Baked Salmon
- 2 pieces of Salmon Fillet, at least half a kilo each
- 9 cloves of Garlic, minced (use 2/3 of this for the marinade and 1/3 for the cheese topping)
- Juice of half a Lemon
- 1 box (250 grams) of Emborg Cream Cheese
- 5 Tbsp of Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise
- Marca Pina Parmesan Cheese
- 1 pack of frozen Peas, Corn, and Carrots
- 2 Tbsp of Butter
- Preheat the oven to 175C.
- Marinate the salmon by coating both sides with Salt, Pepper, and 2/3 of the minced Garlic. Pour Lemon Juice, then set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Using a mixer, whip the Cream Cheese until soft and fluffy. Add the Mayonnaise, the remaining 1/3 minced Garlic, and the Parmesan Cheese to taste.
- Pat the marinated salmon dry, then place in an oven pan. Generously coat the top with the cheese mixture, and sprinkle more Parmesan Cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until the top part turns golden brown.
- While the fish is baking, saute the vegetables in butter.
- When cooked, serve the Baked Salmon with the buttered vegetables. Enjoy!
Got any family recipes of your own to share? Share them with us, and we may just feature them!
Do you have a story for the WhenInManila.com Team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a direct message at WhenInManila.com Facebook Page. Interact with the team and join the WhenInManila.com Community at WIM Squad!