I must admit that I’ve always dreaded visits to our childhood family dentist.
I remember when I was about 6 years old, my dentist called her secretary to hold and press my head against the chair so she can extract my tooth. There was also a time when I was in high school and I wasn’t informed I had to wear retainers… I was surprised when she suddenly inserted a kind of smelly clay in my mouth to make a cast. I almost choked and wasn’t able to breathe for a few minutes. After that, I never wanted to see her ever again. Huhuhuhuhu
Over the years, I tried visiting other clinics and have met with a lot of younger better dentists. Though at the back of my head, I still hold those horrible memories from that dentist from hell.
Months ago, upon the recommendation of my colleague Sky, I was convinced to try out the popular GAOC (Gan Advanced Osseointegration Center). I’ve seen many of their ads done by top celebrity endorsers so, at 1st, I really thought they were all just hype. Because of my past traumatic experiences, I kinda had this strong belief that dentists are all just the same. Surprisingly, it only took 1 (just one) visit to GAOC to destroy this life long trauma.
Here are the factors that helped me get rid of my dentist trauma.
5. They have state of the art facilities
– I’m super impressed on how high tech their facilities are. Even their trash bins are automated! No kidding!
As a traumatized patient, it’s so important to see and feel that I’m in a safe and reliable place. Whenever I step into their clinic, I immediately feel that I’m in good hands.
4. They have licensed professional nurses that assist your dentist
– during my 1st visit, I noticed that there were at least 2 nurses that were assisting the doctor. They were very gentle and courteous. Unlike in other clinics where dentists only call their secretaries to assist them, here at GAOC, you will be assisted by a true professional who clearly knows why he/she is there, and what he/she is doing. It really means a lot to know that the people who are attending to you are professionals. Also, I noticed that they never hesitated to answer all my questions. I tend to be makulit when it comes to my health, and I really appreciated the fact that they were all honest and willing to educate me about my oral health status.
3. They have spacious treatment rooms
– all the rooms where I had my procedure we all clean and spacious, compared with the typical claustrophobic/ toilet sized dental clinics that we’re used to visiting. There was even a time where I was assigned to this room with a great view of Makati. It was just really different and better than the others. Here, I had more breathing space and felt extra relaxed. They sure know how to create a relaxing environment for clients.
2. You can even watch movies during your procedure
– Once you enter the room, your nurse will immediately give you their movie list for you to pick your film of choice so you can watch and relax during your procedure. Watching movies during the procedure will make your brain busy and forget about the pain (if there’s any).
They are very gentle and will inform you on the next step they will do
– Perhaps the best reason why I switched to GAOC is because, my doctors and nurses always made sure that I’m well aware and informed on what they will do next. They always tell me what’s the next procedure so I can mentally prepare and feel more relaxed. Unlike my childhood dentist who just shoved a cast in my mouth, my doctors here at GAOC, informed me way ahead and reassured me that it’s going to be fine. And yes, I was able to finally overcome it. During a cleaning session once at GAOC, my doctor also informed me about each step of my cleaning procedure, so I didn’t feel afraid no matter what they did. I came out the clinic feeling relaxed and renewed. Having trust on your doctor is really a big deal.
That feeling of safety and trust – Priceless! I love how they treat each patient with utmost TLC. Most of all, I’m so happy and thankful to finally get rid of my life long dentist phobia. Now, I don’t feel fearful whenever I think of having my teeth checked. And yeah, most people may say that their rates are expensive, I say it’s all worth every hard-earned peso because I know I’m in good hands and my doctors are the best. =)
Visit https://www.gaocdental.com to know more about them.