In celebration of International Burger Day on May 28, Forbes Town Center is inviting all foodies to celebrate their love of burgers and splurge on their favorite food at its Burger and Beer Feast!
A celebration of everything that comes between two buns, Forbes Town Center’s Burger and Beer Feast boasts ten of the best gourmet burgers in town, each of which comes with its own equally awesome beer pair—an irresistible match sure to whet the appetite of burger-lovers and even casual diners.
From mammoth-sized patties to good old burgers with a mouthwatering stack of cheese and fresh veggies to quirky yet insanely delicious new concepts, one’s love affair with the humble burger is sure to reach fever pitch at this tastiest time of the year.
So here’s a quick rundown of the ten best burger and beer pairings being offered in the hippest dining places in Forbes Town Center.
10. Bacon Cheese Burger and Mr. Wolf Brown Ale (Big Bad Wolf) P700 – A certified best-seller, this burger reinforces the belief that good things come in small packages. This burger packs a powerful punch with its juicy patty, which is topped with smoked bacon, mild cheddar and pickled onion. And when paired with Big Bad Wolf’s signature brew, the Mr. Wolf Brown Ale, the goodness that comes with it definitely becomes a lot bigger.
9. Umami Teriyaki Burger and Asahi Beer (UCC Park Café) P538 – Those who love Japanese food will find this burger a perfect fit for their cravings. It has a thick patty topped with cucumber, tomato, lettuce and a drizzle of mayo, and poured with flavorful teriyaki sauce. Best way to enjoy this burger? Grab an ice cold Asahi Beer.
They used a combination of pork and beef for the patty so expect a lot of flavor and juiciness! Their bun was also quite light and airy making it not too heavy on the tummy which I believe is good!
8. House Burger and San Miguel Pale Pilsen (The Bowery) P580 – For a slice of New York City, try The Bowery’s House Burger, made from 100% Angus beef with salt and pepper, tomatoes, lettuce, red onions on a brioche bun and served with fries on the side. While it has an American origin, it actually tastes best when paired with our very own San Miguel Pale Pilsen.
Their char-grilled patty was the most tender one and cooked medium well so I really really loved it! Their fries were also awesome! This burger is something I would definitely order again on my next visit!
7. Bugsy’s Traditional American Burger and Brew Kettle (Bugsy’s Sports Bar) P355 – Another burger inspired from the US of A, this burger has all the makings of a traditional American burger – an insanely thick 100% beef patty, with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes in between and potato wedges on the side (it surely is a man’s burger). Pair it with Brew Kettle and you’ll surely thank the heavens.
These 2 are a match made in heaven! The burger was lean and thick! Great value for money! It wasn’t too oily and the beer served as a nice palate cleanser.
6. Call the Nurse and Blue Moon Beer (Burgers and Brewskies) – This burger is so good, you might end up eating more than you can handle. What make this burger stand out? It has loads of Honey Sriracha Bacon together with Spiced mustard Aioli, a generous portion of cheese sauce and topped with seared mac&cheese (yes, it has pasta on it). One of the most popular burgers of this burger joint, regulars say it tastes a lot better when you have a Blue Moon beer on hand.
Mac n’ Cheese on my burger? No way!! I was completely stunned when I saw this! Those strips of Honey Sriracha Bacon made it even more wicked!
This is definitely one lean meaty machine! Highly recommended!
Another MUST TRY at Burgers and Brewskies would be their Pendong Burger with Blue Cheese and topped with onions and mangoes! I never thought mangoes would go so well with burgers. Kudos to the team behind these unique burger inovasions. I believe they have more to offer and I can’t wait to try them next time!
5. Triple Burger and Paulaner Dunkel (The Distillery) P630 – A triple layer of quarter pound US Angus beef patty with tomato, cucumber, lettuce, mayo, parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese and onion rings on side. Combine it with the full flavor and overwhelming goodness of Paulaner Dunkel and one will be in burger haven.
4. Angus Burger and Sapporo Beer (L’Entrecote) P595 – This burger will get you hooked instantly. Its humongous patty is caramelized to perfection and topped with fresh green lettuce and tomato and fries. Bring out the delectable flavor of this burger with the mild-tasting Sapporo Beer.
Another burger that surely satisfies! Made with Certified Angus Burger! The patty was humongous and the truffle fries were highly addicting! Truly worth it!
3. Old Fashioned Burger with Bacon Jam and Stella Artois Draft Beer (Reserve Gastro Tavern) P730– This burger boasts of a one-third pound patty with lettuce, tomatoes and onions. It’s an old-fashioned burger with a delectable twist – a delightful serving of homemade bacon jam. It’s so good you’ll be asking for more, especially when one combines it with the rich taste of Stella Artois Draft Beer.
There’s definitely a lot to love about this! It was actually one of my favorites! “Bun palang, solb ka na!” It was buttered and toasted to perfection plus when you smother it with their bacon jam….. OMG!!! The Bacon jam was for me, the highlight of this dish so I kinda forgot to appreciate the patty …. oh well, I have another reason to come back!!! hihihi
BACON JAM!!! MUST TRY IT!
2. Hornets Burger and Big Ass Rose Beer (Rue Bourbon) P510 – Get your chicken fix in this burger with its generous portion of breaded chicken thigh, topped with lettuce, honey mustard, cheese and large slices of breaded onion rings. A burger this good definitely needs a great-tasting beer, and you will never go wrong with Rue Bourbon’s Rose Beer. Make sure you order it in its famed Big Ass mug.
For Chicken and beer lovers, this one is something you never should miss!
1. Organic Farmers Burger and Hoegaarden (The Farm) P390 – A burger with a healthy kick as it is made from organic ingredients – from its patty to ingredients like American cheese, pickles, tomato, onion, lettuce, bacon, egg and sauce. Grab a cold Hoegaarden and every bite becomes yummier and yummier.
Because I love and support locally grown organic food, I instantly fell in-love with it and also super curious of their other dishes. This I may say, is the perfect one for me for it had the right amount of everything… The bun was soft and a bit toasted, the thickness of the organic beef patty was just right and even the pickles, tomatoes and onions were cut ideally for easy pleasurable eating. Their bacon was also nitrate free making it the healthiest burger there is!
The whole thing is big, but I guarantee that you won’t feel bloated afterwards! 4 thumbs up (hands n’ feet!)
To make it more exciting, Burger-lovers have a chance to share their love for burgers with their friends in Burger and Beer Feast Instagram Promo! All you need to do is post your favorite burger pairing on Instagram with the hashtag #ForbesTownBurgerandBeer from May 28 to June 7. Five winners will get a chance to treat three of their friends to a free taste of their chosen burger and beer pairing! JOIN NOW!
For more information on Forbes Town Center’s Burger and Beer Feast, please call the Megaworld Lifestyle Malls Concierge at 709-9888, 709-0888 or 0917-8380111 or visit www.megaworldlifestylemalls.com.
To know more about our adventures and misadventures, visit us on EATS A DATE!
To read more of our WHEN IN MANILA adventures, click HERE
ALL photos Taken using NIKON D7000
Special Thanks to our partner, Nikon Philippines