Peru is a melting pot of ancient cultural traditions which are as wide-ranging and varied as the types of landscapes within it. Why is Peru a particularly attractive location for Filipino travellers to explore, though? Firstly, there’s an amazing contradiction between the familiarity we feel in the cultural and historical similarities of Colombian colonization and incredibly unique and beautifully bewildering native traditions. Add to this that we can get up to 183 days free Visa on Arrival in Peru and it becomes a must-see country on every Filipino’s travel itinerary.
13 Things You Must Do When You Visit Peru
13. Ride an old-style Peruvian Combi! They are everywhere!
12. Watch Peruvian women dance in their traditional clothes.
11. Visit the alpacas and llamas.
10. Visit Lake Titicaca, the biggest lake in South America (the other half of it extends up to Bolivia).
9. Try to eat CEVICHE
8. Go to a small town called Paracas which is 4 hours away from Lima. Take a day trip to the Ballestas Island National Reserve and you will see a very rare penguin species aside from sealions and a lot of birds!