After almost an hour of hiking, here’s the real reward:
Tangadan Falls has a cool upper level pool.
If you’re in for extreme adventure, you can try cliff jumping!
You can also rent a balsa for Php 150 per hour.
And have a Tangadan shower!
1. Bring food and lots of water. There are some vendors on the area, but they only sell boiled corn. It’s really good, though!
2. Signal may fluctuate in La Union. Be sure to inform you love ones.
3. Refrain from bringing children. Parts of the trail are slippery especially during the river trek.
4. You can pitch a tent for overnight camping but be sure to have the necessities.
5. Never ever leave your trash.
6. The trail is full of beautiful plants such as wild orchids. Look, take pictures but don’t touch.
How to get there:
1. From the famous surfing area of San Juan, La Union, you can hire a tricycle or a jeepney to take you to San Gabriel. Travel time is about 15-20 minutes.
2. From San Gabriel, hire a motorcycle to bring you to the drop-off point going to the falls. There are usually drivers waiting so it’s no fuss. You can also arrange for a guide. Take note that the roads are quite steep so the ride will surely be scary but really exciting.
3. From the drop-off point (characterized by a waiting shed) it’s walking galore for about an hour. It is where you will be needing a guide. You will pass a water irrigation, rice fields, dam and a river.
Have an exciting trip![fb_instant_article_ad_01]?