A lot of us are obsessed with cheese. We like it on our burgers, plates of spaghetti, and even on fries. Yes, nothing is complete without that ooey-gooey salty pile of cheese to go on top of things.
Speaking of cheese and fries, no one does it like Shake Shack. Their cheese sauce is unlike any other! While it still has that gooey consistency, it’s more fluid. Plus, it has a subtle peppery, almost spicy kick that contrasts with the rich creaminess of American cheese, and the tanginess of cheddar.
Well, we’re in luck now because Shake Shack has just dropped the recipe for their cheese sauce – and trust me: you’ll be slathering this over more than just fries. You can slather it on meat, potatoes, and more!
View this post on Instagram
Get lost in the ? sauce! In our first episode of Shake Shack at Your Shack, our Culinary Director @mark_rosati is teaching you how to make our classic cheese sauce at home. Whether you’re ordering Shack to go, via delivery, or making a side of cheese fries with your DIY ShackBurger Kit, you’ll want to drizzle this fan favorite on everything! #ShakeShack #AtYourShack
Shake Shack Cheese Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups of American cheese
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp of canola oil
- 1 tbsp of white wine vinegar
- 6 thin slices of jalapeño
- 3/4 cup of onion
- 1/2 tbsp of salt
- 2 tbsp of peppercorns
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 2 tbsp of white wine
- Heat up your pan and pour in the canola oil. Add your sliced onions, jalapeños, and some peppercorns. Season with salt and saute until onions become soft and translucent.
- Deglaze the pan by pouring in the white wine and white wine vinegar. Let the mixture reduce.
- Add cream, then turn off the heat. Let everything steep for 30 minutes. When done, run the cream through a strainer to remove any solids.
- Bring back the liquid into the pan and bring to a boil. When boiling, add both your cheddar and American cheese. Start whisking until there are no pieces of cheese left, and the sauce gets creamy and thick.
- And done! Now, you can slather it all over your fries or even on potato wedges and just about anything!
Got any cheesy recipes to share? Share them with us and we might just feature them!
(Cover Photo from Shake Shack Philippines)
Do you have a story for the WhenInManila.com Team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a direct message at WhenInMania.com Facebook Page. Interact with the team and join the WhenInManila.com Community at WIM Squad and join us on Viber where we share our stories and more!