When in doubt, we all have a go-to family recipe to fall back on. In my family’s case, it’s our trusty Coffee Blondie recipe. Many years ago, we discovered the recipe in an old newspaper clipping; and since then, the finished product has been a hit at almost every party.
Today, I’m sharing the recipe with you, but with a twist. Instead of soft and gooey squares, we’ve turned them into mini cupcakes. They’re easy to pick up, are less messy, and taste just as great. Plus, they have that well-loved crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside texture. The best part? These Salted Coffee Blondie Bites come with salt on top to really contrast the sweetness.
Check out the recipe here:
View this post on Instagram
My mom did a lot of baking back in her day, and just like her, we'd often make our own cookies and snacks— nothing as extraordinary as hers, of course. This Coffee Blondie recipe, for example, came from a newspaper clipping many years ago, and it's our go-to for parties and potlucks. —— My sister @bryannago_, however, switched things up and made them into mini bites instead of the usual blondie squares, and the piece de resistance? A sprinkling of salt to cut across the rich sweetness. It's crunchy on the outside and soft in the inside— with the taste of rich chocolate and a splash of coffee. Yum! ? . . . ☕ Salted Coffee Blondie Bites ☕ —— Ingredients: ✔️ 1 and ½ cups of All-purpose Flour ✔️ 1 and ½ tsp of Baking Powder ✔️ 1 and ½ sticks of @anchorphilippines Unsalted Butter, melted ✔️ 1 cup of Brown Sugar ✔️ ¾ tsp of Salt ✔️ 2 Tbsp of @nescafeph Coffee ✔️ 1 Tbsp of Hot Water ✔️ 1 Egg ✔️ 2 tsp of @mccormickphils Vanilla Extract ✔️ ¾ cup of Chocolate Chips ✔️ Himalayan or Rock Salt as garnish —— Procedures: 1️⃣ Preheat the oven to 350F. Line your mini cupcake trays with cupcake liners. 2️⃣ In a medium bowl, whisk together your flour, baking powder and salt. 3️⃣ Combine your melted butter, sugar, egg and vanilla extract in a bowl. Meanwhile, dissolve your coffee in a small bowl with hot water. Let the mixture cool before adding it in your wet ingredients. Mix until combined. 4️⃣ Gradually add the flour mixture to your wet ingredients and fold together. Add your chocolate chips and fold, but don't overmix. 5️⃣ Use a small ice cream scooper to transfer the batter into your cupcake tins. 6️⃣ Bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until the blondies are set on the edges and golden brown. Insert a toothpick to test, and when it's clean, your blondie are ready. 7️⃣ Remove from the tray, and let your Blondie bites cool. Sprinkle Himalayan or Rock salt on top, and enjoy. . . . ?| @groodwood_ph #friedandprejudice #cookingwithfriedandprejudice #recipes #easyrecipes #sweets
Salted Coffee Blondie Bites Recipe
- 1 and ½ cups of All-Purpose Flour
- 1 and ½ tsp of Baking Powder
- 1 and ½ sticks of Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 cup of Brown Sugar
- ¾ tsp of Salt
- 2 tbsp of Instant Coffee
- 1 tbsp of Hot Water
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cup of Chocolate Chips
- Himalayan or Rock Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line your mini cupcake trays with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together your flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine your melted butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Meanwhile, dissolve your coffee in a small bowl with hot water. Let the mixture cool before adding it to your wet ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to your wet ingredients and fold together. Add your chocolate chips and fold, but don’t over mix.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to transfer the batter into your cupcake tins.
- Bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until the Blondies are set on the edges and golden brown. Insert a toothpick to test. When it comes out clean, they’re ready.
- Remove from the tray and let your Salted Coffee Blondie Bites cool. Sprinkle Himalayan or Rock Salt on top and enjoy.
What’s your favorite coffee-based recipe?
Do you have a story for the WhenInManila.com Team? Email us at email@example.com or send us a direct message at WhenInMania.com Facebook Page. Interact with the team and join the WhenInManila.com Community at WIM Squad and join us on Viber where we share our stories and more!