Words by Howi Bakunawa
Photos by Alyssa Chen
“Can I pet him?” is a phrase I never thought I’d say so many times in a single day, but I am glad to have been proven wrong.
Dog-moms and dog-dads brought their children out to Bonifacio High Street last October 12 for a special occasion—a celebration for our furry best friends! The event, titled Petropolis: Dog’s Day Out, was organized by PURINA to launch their new premium dog food, SUPERCOAT.
Two very handsome boys waiting in line by the event entrance.
Our dogs have the super power to lift our moods and make us happy with their loyalty, companionship, and unconditional love. They’re heroes of a fluffier kind. Aptly called Petropolis: Dog’s Day Out, the event’s purpose was clear—to give back to our canine best friends by showing them much-deserved love, care, and even some pampering.
Fur-babies of all shapes and sizes were treated to an assortment of booths during the occasion: A “Paws and Tails Salon” to make sure the dogs were photo-op ready, a “Bark and Bistro Cafe” where the dogs could dine and enjoy PURINA SUPERCOAT, and even a “Pup Clinic” for free veterinary consultations. Petropolis was truly a complete service event where dogs and even their owners came out feeling super.
A good boy!
Pet owners could also pick up nutritious food and treats for their fur babies at the “Supermart” which carried a selection of PURINA pet foods, including the star of the event—PURINA SUPERCOAT There, dog parents had a chance to learn more about PURINA SUPERCOAT’s benefits, which includes giving pets a shinier coat, stronger muscles, healthier digestion, and a stronger immune protection! It also has no artificial colors and flavors and even comes in resealable packaging for select pack sizes.
Dog parents making a quick stop at the Supermart
This snow-white floof even brought his own backpack for his treats.
Dog parents also went home happy with a souvenir photo of them with their fur baby. Aimed to bring out the super in all dogs, Petropolis: Dog’s Day Out featured a photo wall as well, where each dog was given a bright red cape to wear—the perfect accessory for all the dogs made super that day.
This little baby giving us his best superhero pose.
“Look, Dad! I can fly!”
These capes would later be handed out to all the dogs in attendance for what was definitely the highlight of the day—the dog parade right in the heart of BGC. Dogs took over the streets as they happily scampered up, down, and all about Bonifacio High Street to the musical accompaniment of a live marching band.
A small floof ready to march!
SPOTTED: Stylish doggos enjoying the parade!
Inse-paw-rable friends together at the parade!
This sweet little baby got a little too excited and tired herself out!
The parade was followed by a pet-blessing ceremony (because our pets really are blessings!) and a fashion show, or in this case, a pawshion show. The day’s super dogs got to strut their stuff down the catwalk where the audience got to cheer for their favorite doggies.
Ready to give the Victoria’s Secret angels a run for their money.
“Thank you for your question, Mr. Chairman. My hobbies include sleeping, eating and fetching.”
The day ended with everyone in smiles and feeling super happy—both dogs and hoomans! Everyone was reminded that our pets truly make us better people; they give us so much without asking for anything in return. PURINA recognizes this, which is why SUPERCOAT aims to give each dog the balanced nutrition they need and help bring out their super.
Want to get a free sample of PURINA SUPERCOAT?
We’re giving away 240g PURINA SUPERCOAT samples to 10 dog parents! The giveaway will run from December 20 to 27, 2019.
How to join:
- Go to our Facebook post of this article: www.facebook.com/77710508118/posts/10157804219483119/
- In the comments section of the Facebook link above, post a photo of you and your dog together and a short answer to the following question: “What makes your dog SUPER?”
- Ten (10) people will be selected via electronic raffle.
Contest terms and conditions:
- This contest is open to all Philippine residents.
- This contest will run from December 20 to 27, 2019.
- Ten (10) dog parents will each receive a 240g sample of PURINA SUPERCOAT!
- The winners will be chosen via electronic raffle.
- The winners will be announced on January 6, 2020. Check back on this article on that date for the announcement!
- Winners will be contacted privately with the complete information on how to claim their prize.
- WhenInManila.com and PURINA reserve the right to forfeit contestants violating our contest terms.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, we may alter, amend, or cancel the competition without prior notice. We reserve the right to change these terms at any time.
Spread the word, and good luck!
UPDATE 1/6/2020: Announcement of winners
Congratulations to the following dog parents who will each receive a sample of PURINA SUPERCOAT for their fur baby!
Lani Delas Alas
Sarah Tomas Buencamino
Sunshine Joy Mico
Maria Milagros Baldon
Winners have already been contacted. Again, congrats to our winners and thank you to all who joined. Till our next giveaway!