Photographer Samuel McDonald shared with When In Manila his photos of the sun setting near the Cross of Valor (Memorial Cross) that is located in Mt. Samat.
McDonald said that he took a week’s worth of photos, from April 1 to 7.
He shared the photos with us and wrote:
COVID-19 Metro Manila Lockdown Day 26
APRIL 09, 2020
“Araw ng Kagitingan (Bataan and Corregidor Day)”
- Documentation of how the sun reached the cross of valor located at the summit of Mount Samat, from day one to day seven of April.
- These photos are dedicated to all the WWII soldiers who fought bravely and died during the fall of Bataan.
- All photos are taken from the rooftop in Pasay city because of the lockdown. Roughly 52.59 kilometers away from the cross of Mount Samat in Pilar, Bataan. (I would have preferred to shoot it from Manila Bay)
- Dedicated also to all the COVID-19 frontliners in these trying times. Kayo ang makabagong bayani. Mabuhay!
- And to my lovely wifey who had to cancel her trip back home because of this COVID-19 pandemic… HAPPY BIRTHDAY… Stay healthy and safe always.
Anything to add to this story? Share your thoughts with us.
Do you have a story for the WhenInManila.com Team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a direct message at WhenInManila.com Facebook Page. Interact with the team and join the WhenInManila.com Community at WIM Squad!