In the recently concluded 12th International Mathematics and Science Olympiad (IMSO) for Primary School Students held in Asia Airport Hotel, Pathum Thani Province in Thailand last November 1 – 7, 2015, the Philippines landed in second place due to our talented science and math wizards, who bagged a total of 37 medals!
Source: Mathematics Trainers Guild Philippines
According to the statement posted in the Mathematics Trainers Guild (MTG) Philippines, 3 teams of 6 students each participated in the Mathematics division while the other 3 teams (6 students as well) joined the Science division.
The Gold medals were courtesy of the following representatives:
- Dominic Lawrence R. Bermudez, Notre Dame of Greater Manila, who also received the Best in Exploration
- Vanessa Ryanne G. Julio, Saint Jude Catholic School
- Justin Teng Soon T. Khoo from Learning Circle
- Shawn Darren S. Chua, MGC New Life Christian Academy
- Lance Heinrich S. Lim, St. Jude Catholic School
- John Angelo O. Oringo, Guinobatan West Central School
- Annika Angela Mei B. Tamayo, Ateneo De Iloilo – Sta. Maria Catholic School
- Frederick Ivan T. Tan, Xavier School
- Filbert Ephraim S. Wu, MGC New Life Christian Academy
- Jodi Marcia DB. Arcadio, Notre Dame of Greater Manila
- Hannah Denise B. Bacomo, De La Salle University Integrated School S&T Complex
- Alexis Miguel M. Cañedo, Agusan Del Sur Pilot Laboratory School
- Andrei Lenard R. Chan , Zamboanga Chong Hua High School
- Raphael Dylan T. Dalida, St. Mary’s Academy Pasay City
- Nathan Meyer Q. Dy, St. John’s Institute
- Jairus Carle C. Isaguirre, St. Paul College of Ilocos Sur
- Jasper Jay C. Prestoza, Rizal Elementary School
- Jeremie Keon T. Torralba, Ateneo De Manila Grade School.
Science Category – 39 medals courtesy of the following:
- Mehriell Ellice Ang, St. Jude Catholic School
John Paul Noel Beltran, Butuan City SPED Center
- Marco Erano Dumale, De La Salle University Integrated School
- Enrico Rolando Martinez, Xavier School
- Jeraldine Miranda, SPED – Integrated School For Exceptional Children – Iloilo City
- Chiara Bernadette Tan-Gatue, St. Jude Catholic School
- Seth Marchen Trompeta, Colegio San Agustin – Biñan.
Bronze Medals (Science)
- Anika Bettina Bonifacio, Mother Goose Special School System Inc.
- Denise Sophia Carles, Catbalogan I SPED Center, Samar
- Noel Stephen Dequito, Xavier School Nuvali
- Raldz Loren Jocson, Philippine Normal University – VCTL, Iloilo City
- Celine Amanda Montales, Colegio San Agustin-Makati
- Erin Christen Noceda, Special Education Center For The Gifted
- Mi Jung Pak, Colegio San Agustin – Biñan
- Allyana Coleen Reyes, Falcon School
- Hailie Saavedra, City Central School, Cagayan de Oro City
- Angela Marie Rillera,
- Jose Miguel Palitog, San Beda College Alabang
The Philippine team wouldn’t be successful without the help of their team leader, which was headed by Dr. Isidro Aguilar and their deputy team leader, Manuel Kotah. In addition, the brilliant (science and math) tutors namely Prof. Elvis Chua and Mr. Condrad Chua and Prof. Arvie Ubarro (science).
Moreover, their research papers were presented during the International Academic Conference by Dr. Eduardo Dela Cruz Jr., Dr. Enerio Sagusay, Mr. Roberto Degolacion and Mr. Aldwin Sahirul.
Woohoo!! Congratulations, everyone!
Would love to hear your thoughts about this awesome news! Share them by commenting below![fb_instant_article_ad_01]?