Just two weeks away from the Synchronized Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) Elections on May 14th, the Commission on Elections (Comelec) has released a list of don’ts and important reminders for both candidates and voters.
The campaign period is scheduled to start on May 4 (Friday) up to May 12 (Saturday) only and not allowed anymore the day before and on the day of the election itself (May 13 and 14). Campaign materials are allowed only in common poster areas in public places. If you see any violations of Comelec’s campaign rules in your barangays, inform them through their social media accounts and contact details provided on the posters below.
Comelec also reminded voters to choose the right official ballot(s) on election day (May 14). One ballot only (SK ballot) for voters aged 15 to 17 years old; two ballots (SK & Barangay ballots) for 18 to 30-year-old voters; and one ballot (Barangay ballot) for voters 31 years old and above.
Take note of these reminders too when you go out and vote on May 14:
- Prepare a “kodigo” to avoid erasures. Dispose of your “kodigo” properly.
- Keep your ballot clean.
- Do not draw or make any unnecessary marks on your ballot.
- Write legibly.
- Write the name of the candidate as it appears on the official list of candidates.
- After voting, fold the ballot as you received it. Do not detach the stub.
- Return the folded ballot to the Board of Election Tellers.
Have you voted in an SK election before? What advice can you give new voters?[fb_instant_article_ad_01]?