Japanese actor Haruma Miura has passed away at his home in Tokyo on Saturday, July 18. He was 30 years old.
According to reports, he was discovered unresponsive after an apparent suicide and was pronounced dead on arrival at the hospital.
He has starred in multiple films and television shows throughout his career and has even won the Sponichi Grand Prix Newcomer Award in 2009 for his role in Naoko. He had also been nominated for a prestigious award from the Japanese Academy for his role in Eien no 0 (The Fighter Pilot) and starred in the Japanese adaptation of Broadway musical Kinky Boots which won him the Haruko Sugimara Award.
He is most known for starring as the lead roles in the live-adaptation of popular mangas Kimi no Todoke and Attack on Titan, where he took the role of Eren Jaeger.
He had been working on two projects scheduled to premiere later this year and in 2021: Love Will Begin When Money End and Brave: Gunjyo Senki. Meanwhile, his film Confidence Man JP: Princess will open in Japanese theaters this week and his NHK drama Taiyo no Ko: Gift of Fire is set to air in mid-August.
He was very much actively part of the Japanese showbiz industry and it breaks our hearts to say goodbye to him so soon. May he rest in peace.
(ALSO READ: There’s Going to be a Crossover of ‘Attack on Titan’ and ‘Seven Deadly Sins’)
If you are in need of help, reach out to the following mental health hotlines:
- Natasha Goulbourn Foundation (NGF) – (02) 804-HOPE (4673), 0917 558 HOPE (4673) or 2919 (toll-free for GLOBE and TM subscribers)
- Manila Lifeline Centre (MLC) – (02) 8969191 or 0917 854 9191.
- In Touch Community Services Crisis Lines – For relationship problems, addiction, abuse, other emotional problems. +632 893 7603, 0917 8001123, 0922 8938944. Email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Living Free Foundation – For addiction, individual and marital counseling. 0917 322 7087. Email at email@example.com.
- Dial-a-Friend – (02) 5251743 or (02) 5251881.
Do you have a story for the WhenInManila.com Team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a direct message at WhenInManila.com Facebook Page. Interact with the team and join the WhenInManila.com Community at WIM Squad! We also share our stories on Viber, join us!