It’s rainy season again, which means that catching a cold is going to be the norm once again.
As most symptoms start with sore throat, beat the early onset of illness with these tips.
5. Gorge on marshmallows. Marshmallows apparently help soothe a sore throat, because its gelatin can help coat and ease the pain. Who knew?
4. Don’t skip on the chicken soup. Chicken soup isn’t just good for the soul, it’s good for a developing sore throat too.
The sodium in the broth may have anti-inflammatory properties that can help soothe the pain.
3. Lozenges. Dichlorobenzyl alcohol is a mild antiseptic that helps kill bacteria associated with mouth and throat infections. Pack on lozenges or hard candies that have menthol properties to help numb the pain.
2. Fluids. The same way that they tell us to stock up on fluids when we catch a cold, fluids moist our mucous membranes, allowing them to fight back bacteria and allergens more effectively.
1. Saltwater gargle. The ol’ salt in the water trick is the oldest rule in the book.Gargling with salt , which can reduce swelling in the throat and loosen mucus, helping to flush out irritants or bacteria.
Share this to your sore throat-prone friend!