Top 5 Instagram Shots to take when in Vigan:
5. The calesa against a colorful old wall
4. Against an old door
3. Looking out of a capiz shell window
2. Along the famous Calle Crisologo
1. A #fromwhereistand shot with colorful tiles
- How to get there: I personally only trust Partas to get me wherever I want in Luzon. Clean seats, professional and courteous staff and safe driving. We got on the 1:30am trip to Vigan, which took about 8 hours, and got there at around 10am the next morning.
- Where to stay: We stayed at one of the best places in Vigan, Gordion Hotel. Gordion has been an mainstay in the premier places to stay in Vigan, mostly for its history (as the hotel was converted into such from an old ancestral home). Its colonial-style interiors and finishings which make you feel like you are indeed in old-world Vigan, and its very capable and friendly staff. For budget-friendly accommodations, though, the Gordion’s sister hotel, Hotel ni Among offers just as comfortable digs at a more affordable price.
- It’s best to experience Vigan via a: calesa ride around Calle Crisologo. Calesa rides go for about PHP150 pesos an hour, and you can easily cover most of Calle Crisologo in an afternoon. The glow of the golden hour light is perfect for taking photos and simply taking the surroundings in.
- Where to go: the Syquia Mansion, Crisologo Museum, Padre Burgos’ house, Vigan church, Bantay church bell tower, and random antique shops around Calle Crisologo
- Where to eat: CJ’s for Vigan empanada, Cafe Leona for Vigan Longganisa pizza, Lampong’s Restaurant for cheap and yummy bagnet.
The Gordion Hotel Vigan
Like Gordion Hotel Vigan here: https://www.facebook.com/GordionHotelVigan
Special thanks to Ms. Happy Alcantara of The Gordion Hotel Vigan
Article by: alessilikesit.tumblr.com