Pesto Crusted Salmon and Vegetable Parcels
Yield: 4 portions*
- 450g salmon fillet, skin and bones removed
- 2-3 tbsp prepared pesto sauce
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 pcs small potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into ¼ inch thick pieces
- 1 pc red bell pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 1 pc small carrot, peeled and cut into batons
- 2 stalks leeks, sliced
- ¼ tsp salt
- a pinch of ground black pepper
- parchment paper or aluminum foil (as needed)
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Blanch the potato pieces in simmering water for 5-6 minutes or until tender but not falling apart. Drain the water and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine red bell pepper, carrots and leeks and add extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the parchment paper/aluminium foil into a large circle (or oblong), scatter the potato slices on one side, top with the tossed vegetables.
- Spread pesto sauce on top of the salmon fillet and place on top of the bed of vegetables.
- Cover and roll up the edges of the parcel to seal in the steam.
- Place onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- To serve, place the entire package onto a platter and cut open in the center.
*To serve individual parcels, divide the fish and the vegetable mixture between 4 portions. Bake them for about 8-9 minutes.