7. The pa-cute security guards
Phoebe found it hilarious when the security guards in my village would yell at me from great distances, “hello ma’am Clintoooon! Have a good day ma’am Clintoooon!”
6. Women at work wearing full makeup and heels
In Canada we usually roll out of bed, grab a coffee, and tumble into work half-asleep.
5. People go crazy for daytime variety shows
Phoebs even got centered out and interviewed in-studio before It’s Showtime, which she refers to as the “strangest experience of her life.”
4. Getting a full pat-down and bag check upon entering any store
“She literally stroked my arm then let me in…what if I had a weapon in my bag?!”
3. Paying to use the washroom, and no tissue in the stalls
Thank goodness for the receipts and flyers in my purse (did I really just write that?).
2. Karaoke in the middle of grocery stores
…and everywhere else.
1. The hospitality of the Filipinos (siyempre!)
And how gorgeous Filipinas are. Phoebe snapped me this on the plane.
Share your thoughts in the comments below!