Beyond the dance videos and lip-syncing challenges, Tiktok is also a haven for recipes and food videos. It’s really easy for a foodie like me to get lost in the world of food porn and DIY videos there.
One viral trend that recently caught my eye is the Mini Pancake Cereal. From the get-go, it’s basically micro-mini pancakes (and a lot of them, too!). After frying up these babies, you have the choice of placing butter and syrup in it or milk— just like any other cereal.
Being ever-curious and bored, I knew I had to try it. And the results turned out much better than I thought!
Mini Pancake Cereal Recipe
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 egg
- Butter to coat the pan
- In a bowl, combine your dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Add your egg and vanilla extract, and pour in your milk. Mix until well-combined.
- Transfer the pancake batter into a squeeze bottle. You can use a funnel for this, too, so that it doesn’t get messy.
- Heat some butter in a pan over medium to low heat. Squeeze out mini circles and let them cook. Flip the pancakes when bubbles start to form on top.
- Repeat the process until you have a lot of mini pancakes.
- Serve in a bowl with butter and syrup or with milk (like cereal!). Enjoy!
Tip: If you want your pancakes to be more buttery, you can also add 1 tsp of butter to your pancake batter.
Check out the step-by-step video here:
Have you tried this???
Posted by When In Manila Food on Tuesday, May 19, 2020
Which recipe would you like us to try next?
Do you have a story for the WhenInManila.com Team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a direct message at WhenInManila.com Facebook Page. Interact with the team and join the WhenInManila.com Community at WIM Squad and join us on Viber where we share our stories and more!