The Department of Health has now accredited 10 labs in the Philippines to do COVID-19 testing. This was announced last April 6 on their Facebook page.
According to the announcement, these following hospitals have reached Stage 5 accreditation for COVID-19 testing:
- Research Institute for Tropical Medicine, Inc. (RITM)
- Baguio General Hospital and Medical Center (BGHMC)
- San Lazaro Hospital (SLH)
- Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center (VSMMC)
- Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC)
- UP National Institutes of Health (UP-NIH)
- Lung Center of the Philippines (LCP)
- Western Visayas Medical Center (WVMC)
- Bicol Public Health Laboratory
- St. Luke’s Medical Center – QC
According to the DOH, there are 5 stages in laboratory accreditation. These are (1) self-assessment, (2) validation, (3) personnel training, (4) proficiency testing, and (5) full-scale implementation. As of April 6, the Philippines currently has 10 laboratories that are in full implementation of the COVID-19 testing, 4 are in Stage 4, 1 is in Stage 3, 20 are in Stage 2, and 44 are in Stage 1.
Updates on the laboratory capacities in our country as of April 6, 2020, 2PM.We currently have 10 laboratories that…
Do you have a story for the WhenInManila.com Team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a direct message at WhenInManila.com Facebook Page. Interact with the team and join the WhenInManila.com Community at WIM Squad!