The Balboa Cup: Celebrating 20 Years of Debate and Argumentation
Get ready to #ThinkLoud!
Join the Children’s Museum and Library, Incorporated Junior Council-National Executive Board (CMLI JC-NEB) as it celebrates 20 years of debate and argumentation through its Annual Secondary Debate Championship, The Balboa Cup!
The heat of argumentation takes over this August 21, 23, and 24, 2014 at Far Eastern University-FERN Diliman. The tournament, set in the Asians Parliamentary Format, is open to all high school debaters in the country.
The registration process is divided into three (3) phases. Follow the procedures for each phase below:
1. Download the invitation package here: https://www.tinyurl.com/BalboaCupInviPackage
2. Fill out the online registration form here: https://www.tinyurl.com/Balboa-OLRegForm
1. View the official list of approved and waitlisted teams which will be posted on July 26, 2014 at the official CMLI page (facebook.com/CMLIofficial) and at the tournament’s official Facebook group (tinyurl.com/OfficialBalboaGroup).
2. Confirm your registration by responding to the confirmation email sent by the organizers. (Failure to do so will mean forfeiture of the team’s registration; forfeited slots will be given to waitlisted teams.
1. Finalize your registration by verifying and transacting with the 20th Balboa Cup Organizing Committee during the Registration on the first day of the tournament (August 21, 2014). Souvenir kits will be distributed once teams have finished their registration.
For inquiries, please contact Ms. Nicole Banta, Tournament Convenor (+63917 5040 469), Mr. Rio Dayao, Secretary (+63915 2033 408), or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further announcements: