A small but real inconvenience that most of us are going through during this time of enhanced community quarantine is missing all the comfort food we would typically be ordering in or going out for. Shakey’s Japan has solved at least a little bit of that for us by generously giving out their famous mojos recipe.
With all of Metro Manila’s Shakey’s branches temporarily closed, your next best option to satisfy your mojos craving is to make them yourself! It’s really quite easy and has a short ingredients list to boot.
The recipe, as translated by SoraNews24, is as follows:
- Potatoes (quantity not specified)
- 100 grams of fried chicken breading mix
- 30 grams of salt
- 10 grams of pepper
- Cooking oil
- Slice the potatoes into 9-millimeter (0.4-inch) slices.
- Pop the sliced potatoes into the microwave for five minutes (Shakey’s recommends a power setting of 700 watts). Remove the slices once done.
- In a bowl, combine the fried chicken breading mix, salt, and pepper. Mix in the potato slices until their surfaces are coated with seasoning.
- Transfer the potatoes to a frying pan and fry them to your desired crispness in the cooking oil. Remove them from the oil once done.
And it’s as simple as that! SoraNews24 recommends adding an herb mix or powder to taste.
What do you think about this?
Do you have a story for the WhenInManila.com Team? Email us at story.wheninmanila@gmail.