Multimedia Summit Seminar: Conquering the Peaks and Depths of Multimedia
The School of Multimedia and Visual Arts of Mapua Institute of Technology will conduct a seminar entitled “Multimedia Sum-It”: an all-in-one event that is scholastic as well as cutting-edge.
The event is open for all communication & multimedia arts students, practitioners and professionals as well as teachers from various schools. The seminar will feature the finest multimedia professionals in the country who will tackle 6 major areas of multimedia: Comic Illustration, Photography, Animation, Graphic Design, Advertising and Videography.
The ‘Multimedia Sum-It’ seminar will be featuring the following speakers:
- Cathy Garcia-Molina – A director known for her romantic films in Star Cinema including A Very Special Love (Sarah Geronimo and John Lloyd Cruz), She’s Dating the Gangster (Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla) and One More Chance (Bea Alonzo and John Lloyd Cruz). She also directed the soap Got to Believe (Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla) and is currently directing the soap Forevermore (Lisa Soberano and Enrique Gil)
- Manix Abrera – A comic artist whose works appear at the Philippine Daily Inquirer through his comics called Kikomachine. His comics entitled News Hardcore can also be seen in the official website of GMA News
- Grace Dimaranan – An animator, managing director and an animation instructor at the Top Peg Animation Studio. She was also involved in the making of classic cartoon shows like The Flintstones and The Scooby Doo Series. Currently, she is the Managing Director of TOP PEG and also one of the pioneer officers of the Animation Council of the Philippines, Inc. (ACPI).
- Tacio Tongco – A conceptual photographer and a photo manipulator who creates all the magic in his garage in Valenzuela. He is also conducting a workshop called Mangtacio’s Conceptual Selfie Workshop where the selfie photos are done with a wonderful twist.
- Mark Lawrence Andres – A graphic designer whose specialization is into digital and traditional illustration. This graduate of the Iskolar ng Bayan is fond of the watercolor technique as it is seen in most of his works. Currently, he is a professor at the Ateneo de Manila University.
- Third Domingo – CEO and Chief Creative Director of IdeasXMachina. He also has an MA in Integrated Marketing Communications and was listed by the University and Asia and the Pacific as one of the 10 Most Outstanding Citizens of Muntinlupa for MalakingMunti, a youth club for street children.
The seminar will take place in the prestigious The Bayleaf Hotel in the walled city of Intramuros, Manila on the 13th of December 2014 from 9AM to 4PM. Registration begins as early as 8:00 AM.
We are now open for ticket selling as well as in looking for sponsorships. If you are interested in joining our event, you may contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org or you may contact Ms. Aly Magpayo at 09351244845. Updates can be seen through our official Facebook page at https://facebook.com/MultimediaSumIt2014.
The selling price of the ticket is PhP 1,300.00. However, we are having our EARLY BIRD promo where participants can avail our tickets for only PhP 1,000.00. This promo is available for a limited time only.