In case you were having any fears concerning traffic this weekend, the Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) is already one step ahead of you. They released a notice early on November 8 saying that motorists should expect heavy traffic from November 8 to 11 as 12 different roads will be undergoing repairs and reblocking.
(What Transport Crisis? These Horror Stories Show The Reality Of Commuting In The Philippines)
Their Facebook post stated that the Department of Public Works and Highways would be closing off the following roads from 11 p.m November 8 until 5 a.m. November 11:
1. EDSA Camp Crame Gate to after Annapolis St. (beside MRT)
2. EDSA after Muñoz to Bansalangin St. (1st lane from sidewalk)
3. G. Araneta Bayanin intersection
4. Quirino Highway Nightingale to Zabarte Road (inner lane)
5. General Luis St. from Samonte St. to SB Road
6. Elliptical Road after Maharlika St. (6thlane from outer sidewalk)
7. A. Bonifacio Ave. near Marvex Drive (2nd lane from sidewalk)
8. Katipunan Ave./C-5 after CP Garcia St. in front UP Town Center (truck lane)
9. EDSA after Aurora Blvd. to New York St. (3rd lane from sidewalk)
10. Congressional Ave. Ext. cor Luzon Ave. (2ndlane from center island) and after Tandang Sora Ave. (truck lane)
11. Luzon Ave. before Congressional Ave. Ext. (1stlane from center island)
12. R. Magsaysay Blvd. after Magsaysay Bridge going Quiapo (inner lane)
Motorists are advised to avoid these roads and seek alternate routes. All roads are promised to be fully passable by 5 a.m. Monday morning.
Do you have anything to add to this story?