Now more than ever, we are reminded how important it is to stay healthy. Not only is a healthy body our first line of defense against sickness, good health is also one of the key factors to living a long, happy, and active life.
But it’s also important to remember that good health is more than just physical fitness. True wellness is holistic — one that covers mind, body, and spirit. And that is this local’s community’s goal — to make holistic wellness accessible for all Filipinos.
GoWell is a wellness community that promotes holistic wellness through fitness, healthy eating, and living a balanced life. They offer informative and helpful content on health and wellness, give tips on nutrition and taking care of your mental health, share recipes and workout videos, and even hold monthly community workouts which are currently online. These perks are available for all members of their community, and anyone can sign up for free.
GoWell was launched in 2016 and is the health and wellness advocacy of Sun Life Philippines.
Left: GoWell mindful eating talk at Berde Bowls Makati | Right: GoWell coach Nikki Torres leading a free online workout class
For many Filipinos, though the desire to get healthy is there, the notion that achieving wellness is expensive holds them back. After all, studio memberships alone can be a bit costly, especially for Filipinos on a budget, and they think that all healthy food is pricey.
But that isn’t always the case. GoWell aims to simplify the journey for Pinoys by being the one-stop resource online for free workouts, accessible recipes, and tips on mindfulness and nutrition.
If you go to the GoWell website, you’ll see that their resources come from local wellness and fitness experts, and their fitness classes are all led by certified instructors. The past months in quarantine, GoWell has continued their monthly community workouts, but moved online. They also have workout videos available on their website and YouTube channel, with even a special WFH (Workout From Home) series. The classes range from HIIT, yoga, pilates, simple stretches, and more.
Check out this WFH episode featuring a full-body workout with GoWell coach Nikki Torres:
Want access to all these? Becoming a member of the GoWell community is absolutely free.
There are two types of membership available. Teal is for individuals who created a free account through the GoWell website. Benefits include free community workouts, earning points to claim rewards from the GoWell community, and discounts from GoWell partner establishments like GoxVegan, GNC, Obstacle Central, Vision Express, Centro Holistico, and more.
For Gold, this free membership is available for SUN Fit and Well, SUN Senior Care, and/or SUN Cancer Care policy holders from Sun Life. Benefits of Gold members include: Be the first to know about community workouts, special discounts from GoWell partner establishments, and earning thrice the points for GoWell rewards.
Since launching in 2016, GoWell has helped countless Filipinos looking to live more active and healthier lives. Not just with the free expert resources they provide, but also through their supportive community. You get to meet like-minded people — from their inspiring coaches and experts to people like you who are also on the road to achieving holistic wellness. With GoWell, you don’t just get access to wellness content, you gain the support of a whole community, too.
GoWell pound community workout in 2019
Ready to start your journey to holistic wellness? Head to this link to sign up for free.
GIVEAWAY ALERT: Win an overnight stay at Nurture Wellness Village, Tagaytay!
GoWell, together with WhenInManila.com, is giving away an overnight stay for two at the lovely Nurture Wellness Village in Tagaytay. The giveaway will run from November 5 to November 19, 2020. One winner will be announced on November 26.
Giveaway terms and conditions (please read!):
- Entrants should be at least 18 years old or above to join.
- Entrants should own a valid ID.
- One (1) winner will receive an overnight stay for 2 people at Nurture Wellness Village, Tagaytay.
- This giveaway is open to Greater Manila residents who are willing and are capable to travel to Nurture Wellness Village. Transportation is not included. Winners shall arrange for their own travel passes, if traveling under quarantine measures. The voucher can be claimed anytime, with no expiry date.
- This giveaway will run from November 5 to November 19.
- The winner will be announced on November 26. Check back on this article then for the announcement!
- The winner will be contacted privately with the complete information on how to claim their prize.
- The winner will be chosen through an electronic raffle via the Facebook Contest App.
- WhenInManila.com and GoWell reserve the right to forfeit entrants violating our terms.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, we may alter, amend, or cancel the giveaway without prior notice. We reserve the right to change these terms at any time.
How to join:
- Join the GoWell community and sign up for FREE at www.gowell.com.ph
- After signing up, take a screenshot of your GoWell user profile. (Sample below)
- Head on over to this Facebook post (click here), and in the comments section, post the screenshot of your GoWell profile with an answer to this question: “What does wellness mean to you?”
- That’s it! Wait for the announcement of the winner on November 26. Good luck!
Winner announcement (Updated 11/26/2020)
Congratulations to the winner of our Nurture Wellness Village staycation giveaway, Anne Madriaga! The winner will be contacted privately. Thanks to everyone who joined. Till our next giveaway! 🙂
Are you starting a healthy lifestyle, too? Tell us about your journey so far in the comments section below!