Netflix keeps giving us more and more blessings every week. This time around, they’re commemorating Buwan ng Wika this August with a lineup of new additions to its growing collection of Filipino films!
A total of fifteen new movies will be added on the global streaming platform from August to September. So better book your online Netflix party dates with the barkada as early as now! Here are all the Filipino films coming soon:
1. Once Before (Hindi Tayo Pwede) by Joel Lamangan — After a tragic car crash, Gabby finds herself in a love triangle with the ghost of her fiancé and a friend seeking more than a platonic relationship. (Starring Marco Gumabao, Tony Labrusca, Lovi Poe) Date: August 4, 2020
2. Time & Again by Jose Javier Reyes — Longing for a law student, a barista by day and writer by night gains the ability to turn back time and rewinds to the day they first met. (Starring Wynwyn Marquez, Enzo Pineda, Adrienne Vergara) Date: August 6, 2020
3. Stranded by Ice Idanan — In the midst of a typhoon, a woman finds herself stuck inside her office building with a stranger whose attitude on life — and love — clashes with hers. (Starring Jessy Mendiola, Arjo Atayde) Date: August 6, 2020
4. How She Left Me (Kung Paano Siya Nawala) by Joel Ruiz — A man with face blindness finds it impossible to connect with others — until he meets a beautifully free spirit who changes his life. (Starring JM de Guzman, Rhian Ramos) Date: August 13, 2020
5. Finding You by Easy Ferrer — When a young man with an extraordinary memory discovers he can’t recall a past heartbreak, he revisits his exes searching for the mystery woman. (Starring Jerome Ponce, Jane Oineza, Barbie Imperial) Date: August 13, 2020
6. Love The Way U Lie by RC Delos Reyes — With the help of a spunky, lonely-in-love psychic, a deceased wife tries to get her grieving husband to move on. In the process, sparks begin to fly. (Starring Alex Gonzaga, Xian Lim) Date: August 20, 2020
7. Us Again by Joy Aquino — When two former flames cross paths years after parting ways, they face big questions over whether second chances are possible. (Starring Jane Oineza, RK Bagatsing) Date: August 20, 2020
(ALSO READ: 5 Thai Series and Movies You Can Watch on Netflix)
8. Us, At the End Of the Year (Tayo Sa Huling Buwan ng Taon) by Nestor Abrogena Jr. — Five years after their relationship ended, Sam and Isa spot each other by chance one evening and aren’t prepared for the feelings that resurface. (Starring Nicco Manalo, Emmanuelle Vera, Anna Luna, Alex Vincent Medina) Date: August 27, 2020
9. D’Ninang by G.B. Sampedro — A criminal matriarch with a gang of thieves is reunited with her estranged daughter, who is a firm believer of the law and everything right. (Starring Ai-Ai de las Alas, Kisses Delavin, McCoy De Leon) Date: August 27, 2020
10. Gasping For Air by Carlo Obispo — Luis sets out to find his sister, Lulu, who the family lost contact with after a talent scout promises her a career as a singer in the city. (Starring Carlos Dala, Barbara Miguel, Therese Malvar, JC Santos) Date: September 3, 2020
11. Write About Love by Crisanto Aquino — A young female writer teams up with a seasoned male writer to rewrite the script of an unfinished love story. (Starring Miles Ocampo, Rocco Nacino, Yeng Constantino, Joem Bascon) Date: September 25, 2020
12. Sleepless by Prime Cruz — Two people who can’t sleep spend hours lying awake while everyone else is asleep. Together they fight the loneliness that keeps them awake. (Starring Glaiza de Castro, Dominic Roco, TJ Trinidad) Date: Coming soon
13. Waiting For Sunset (Kung Paano Hinihintay Ang Dapithapon) by Carlo Enciso Catu — An old unmarried couple broke the monotony of their daily lives when the woman’s estranged husband reached out to them, seeking reconciliation and forgiveness. (Starring Dante Rivero, Menggie Cobarrubias, Perla Bautista) Date: Coming soon
14. Distance by Perci Intalan — Liza is still drowning in grief from losing the love of her life when she receives an unexpected visit from someone from her past. (Starring Iza Calzado, Therese Malvar, Nonie Buencamino) Date: Coming soon
15. The Vow (Tuos) by Roderick Cabrido — A woman chosen to keep an age-old tradition alive must now choose between her granddaughter’s life and the belief that shackled her in solitary confinement. (Starring Elora Españo, Barbie Forteza, Nora Aunor) Date: Coming soon
Are you excited for these? Let us know in the comments!
Do you have a story for the WhenInManila.com Team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a direct message at WhenInManila.com Facebook Page. Interact with the team and join the WhenInManila.com Community at WIM Squad! Get the latest news about the Philippine Entertainment industry and join the WIM Showbiz Facebook group! We also share our stories on Viber, join us!