Last February 2015 marks the highest turnout of HIV cases in the Philippines in 30 years. There were 646 new HIV Ab seropositive individuals. This was 33% higher compared to the same period last year (486), and was the highest number of cases reported since 1984. Most (93%) of the cases were still asymptomatic at the time of reporting. Most of the cases (96%) were male. The median age was 28 years old (age range: 1 year-73 years), in which more than half (51%) belong to the 25-34 year age group, while 28% were youth aged 15-24 years old. It is indeed an alarm that has been ringing for quite some time now that we all must listen to. Yet, even though the bells have been ringing, most of us turn a deaf ear because of the stigma that we have been associating with HIV/AIDS instead of talking it out in the open.
Scare tactics? That’s no longer scary enough to let people know that their risky behaviours can lead them to a road most is already taking: sensation without protection. Maybe we should already adopt a new way of making people get towards the way of getting to know their status. Now, Klinika Bernardo introduces a sexy way for you to do this. Recently, they’ve launched the BernardoBuddies.Com.
In the Philippines, Klinika Bernardo is one of the well-known free HIV testing hubs. Here are some facts about Klinika Bernardo:
- Klinika Bernardo is the first ever social hygiene clinic (SHC) that caters mainly to males. SHCs are clinics that specialize in the detection and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases and HIV-AIDS.
- Klinika Bernardo operates beyond typical office hours to accommodate individuals who may be taking extended or night shifts: Monday to Friday, 3 PM to 11 PM.
- Klinika Bernardo cooperates and collaborates with various institutions to fulfill its mission. The clinic conducts regular consultations with community-based organizations to gather information on HIV-AIDS. Among these groups are the AIDS Society of the Philippines, the Association of Spa, Massage Parlors, Clubs, and KTV bar operators (SAMACKA), and Take the Test Inc.
The Klinika Bernardo’s BernardoBuddies.Com aims to alleviate, if not fully remove, the stigma surrounding the act of being tested. Many Filipinos right now are afraid of getting to know their HIV status primarily because of the stigma it entails and the myths that surround it. What we must know is that in having HIV, just like in having cancer or hypertension, there might be no cure, but there still are ways to avoid it escalating into a deadly state (AIDS). In fact, people living with HIV (PLHIV) can still live quality lives. And this is the truth. Thus, Klinika Bernardo believes that “our power over HIV starts with knowing.” And through the BernardoBuddies.Com, MSM (male having sex with males) and those who are interested in knowing their HIV status will get the chance to be informed about their own bodies in a fun, sexy way.
BernardoBuddies.Com showcased sexy men who will be assisting you once you schedule for your HIV status at Klinika Bernardo. It’s like hitting two birds with one stone. Why? First, you get to have a free HIV test (I repeat, that is for FREE) and second, you will be assisted by one of these hot, young men for your free checkup.
Here are more of Bernardo buddies:
Ready to get tested? Follow these steps:
1. Visit BernardoBuddies.Com
2. Fill up the form.
3. Click Submit
4. Wait for their confirmation of your schedule.
Human as we are, abstinence is something that will not work on our end. And having sex is both a pleasure and responsibility. Today, being fit is no longer the measure of being sexy. Instead, you’re sexy when you know it. Get tested.
EDSA Across NEPA Q-Mart, Cubao, Quezon City
(at the back of Ramon Magsaysay High School)
Monday to Friday 8:00am to 11:00pm