Baguio’s Panagbenga Festival delayed to March due to nCoV

Photo from: baguio.gov.ph

The Panagbenga Festival in Baguio City has been delayed to March due to health concerns and as a precautionary measure against the spread of the 2019 novel coronavirus acute respiratory disease (2019-nCoV ARD).

The opening parade of the Flower Festival, which is originally set on February 1, is scheduled on March 21.

Meanwhile, the street dance and grand float parades, which were originally set on February 29 and March 1, will be held on March 28 and March 29, respectively, the Baguio Flower Festival Foundation (BFFF) announced.

Additionally, the Cordillera Administrative Regional Athletic Association (CARAA) athletic meet will be held on March 24.

Andrew Pinero, BFFFspokesman, said the new schedule was agreed during a meeting with Baguio City Mayor Benjamin Magalong and other concerned officials last Friday.

Pinero said the Session Road in Bloom, a weeklong event that features food and products of various provinces, will be held from March 30 to April 5.

The alumni homecoming of the Philippine Military Academy from Feb 14 to 16 had been canceled to prevent the spread of nCoV scare. PMA was also closed to tourists.

Baguio City’s local government previously canceled the opening parade of the flower festival a day after the Department of Health confirmed the country’s first 2019-nCoV ARD case.

As of Sunday, there are 284 patients under investigation for nCoV ARD in the Philippines.

Anything to add to this story? Share your thoughts with us.


Do you have a story for the WhenInManila.com Team? Email us at story.wheninmanila@gmail.com or send us a direct message at WhenInManila.com Facebook Page. Interact with the team and join the WhenInManila.com Community at WIM Squad!






Related Stories