If you’re a regular reader of my features here on WhenInManila.com, perhaps you’d notice that I’m the one who travels the most in the team. Especially the past months, I noticed I’d hop from one plane to another, and don’t even get to see home much anymore. With this kind of lifestyle and super busy schedule, I had to think of ways to make my trips less stressful and safe.
If you are to ride a plane, you have to go through an airport of course… for me, stress pretty much really starts there, so these days, I’ve been looking for things I can use that will make my airport experiences better. And yeah, I can proudly say that so far, my practices have been quite effective so with this, allow me to share with you the items that I personally use during my trips these days =)
7. Pacsafe CITYSAFE tote bag– I’m just really happy that I finally switched to Pacsafe. This is my first ever time to use this brand, and I have no regrets! I’m finally free from worrying about the security of my valuables.
It’s spacious, stylish and comfortably fits everything I need to bring to meetings and even photo shoots like my 12” Macbook, Nikon mirrorless & dslr camera, smartphones and powerbanks. It has a lot of compartments, so all my items are neatly organized.
The best part about it is that, since it has an anti-theft feature, I never have to worry anymore even if I commute or go to crowded places around the city. Highly recommended if you’re a regular commuter like me.
6. Pacsafe RFIDSAFE wallet– I also got the “Lagoon” color to compliment my CitySafe Pacsafe bag. I’ve been looking for a wallet like this for a long time, since most ones look all the same and do not have any anti- RFID safety features.
This also serves as my passport holder and a place where I can put my local and foreign bills (2 note slots), credit cards (5 slots) itinerary, boarding passes and even a pen. It also has a lock, so I can easily latch it inside my bag, preventing my wallet to be misplaced. The perfect companion in deed!
5. Espro Coffee and Tea Travel Press – If you’re a coffee or tea drinker, and would like to always have your favorite freshly brewed/pressed drink with you wherever you go, this Espro tumbler is perfect for you! This is definitely not your ordinary travel mug! Because aside from keeping you drink hot for hours, it also acts acts as a portable french press.
Stainless steel container, double-walled and vacuum-insulated. Its filters are BPA, BPS and phthalate free. Saves you extra cash since, you won’t need to buy from expensive coffee shops anymore!
4. USB-Type C Card Reader – Finally a USB-Type C card reader! I’ve been looking for something like this for a long time and I’m glad I was able to get this during my visit at Urbanize, Uptown Mall.
I can now easily transfer files from my sd cards directly to my New Macbook without using a USB-C adapter!
3. Jelt M – For hassle free security entry during airport check-ins, I recommend you wear this JELT belt. With this, you won’t have to remove and wear your belt again during inspections. Saves you a lot of time right? This comfortable elastic belt is even made with recycled materials. Super low profile and with no buckle bulge.
2. Greet Card Case ~ with this, you can keep your business cards neat plus your credit card info safe with its RFID safety feature especially when you travel abroad. Pretty much like a card organizer but better. Oh, it can hold up to 15 cards. =)
1. Borsa Gadget Pouch – Here’s another useful trick for easy airport security inspections. You see, before, I’d have to take out all my gadgets (laptop, phones, cables, powerbanks, cameras etc) whenever I go through to airport security inspection. Imagine the hassle of having to take them all out from your bag, then returning them again. Haaaaaaaay ang hassle!
This Borsa gadget pouch definitely made my life easier. With this, I can now keep all my gadgets in one place, then conveniently take them out in 1 piece, then return in on my bag, in just a matter of seconds. It also has a lot of dividers so you can organize your stuff easily.
How about you? Got other tips or recommended items for fellow travelers as well? Would love to gear your thoughts! =)
Oh and before I forget, here’s the link to URBANIZE, so you’d know more info about the items I mentioned: www.facebook.com/urbanizeph