Words by Gayle Dy
All images from Bible.com
Recently, it seems as though both stress and exhaustion have become inherent parts of our daily lives—to the point that we are perfectly used to it by now. Fatigue is the name of our dog (or whatever pet you’d like to use as a metaphor), to whom we bid a tearful goodbye to when we leave the house in the morning, and happily reunite with when we get home hours later. She waits eagerly by the door every day, ready to welcome us home in her sweet embrace. And thus, the day repeats itself over and over again.
But the truth is that we can’t keep up with this cycle forever, at least not without getting a seizure along the way. Status quo has poisoned us with her toxic principle of “hustle culture,” or the idea that maximum daily grinding is a necessity in order to achieve our dreams. But what’s the point in hustling and trying to make your dreams come true if you’re not even there to enjoy the process? While it is great to be working hard, overworking yourself, however, is not. Breaks are crucial for our health, and they should be taken in generous amounts—without us having to feel guilty about it.
May these reminders heal whatever aches you have, and eventually lead you to break free from the bondage of your own prison. Here are 10 Bible Verses For The Exhausted Ones:
ALSO READ: Rupi Kaur Quotes To Always Keep In Mind
1. Matthew 11:28-30-“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
2. Psalms 46:10-“He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”
3. Romans 12:12-“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”
4. Psalm 127:1-“Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.”
5. Philippians 4:13-“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
6. Galatians 6:9-“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”
7. Psalm 73:26-“My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”
8. Psalm 46:1-“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”
9. Isaiah 40:31-“But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.”
10. Proverbs 3:24-“When you lie down, you will not be afraid; When you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.”
The road to success may not always be easy, but with these Bible verses, we can at least find comfort in knowing that God is always at work in our lives, even when we are not. With that, have a great week, everyone![fb_instant_article_ad_01]?