As we are facing the digital world, more online opportunities arise and, (content) writing is just one of them. Therefore, HealthJunkie.PH, together with Not Your Ordinary Mum, came up with a writing workshop, especially created for the community of writers, digital marketers, and more!
It was William Forrester who said “You must write your first draft with your heart. Rewrite with your head. The first key to writing is… not to think, but to write!” Hasn’t this been true for you? Thinking of what to write is a given, but how you organise your words and thoughts are the hardest. We believe that everyone has an “author” in him. Possibly every other person in this world wants to write and somehow wants to publish his own book. Especially nowadays, that everyone is welcome to give their opinion in social media and make it viral. We can relate because we did exactly the same thing – we wrote our first drafts with our hearts, rewritten with our heads, and without expecting too much, we submitted our articles to different publications. Voila! We are now working as writers and getting paid for what we truly love doing – writing!
Little did we know that through our words, we were able to help other people find their voice, build their portfolio, and finally become writers themselves!
We don’t claim to “know it all” but just like you, we understand the value of community – by creating this simple but awesome workshop! The goal for this workshop is for aspiring writers to unleash their innate writing skills the “write” way by producing quality and meaningful content.
We’ve invited talented and accomplished writers to share their expertise and journey to make it even more effective and incredible workshop for YOU!
- Isabelle “Isay” Yason – Newspaper Standards and Techniques in Writing (Social Media)
- Social media reporter and writer, Philippine STAR
- Graduate of Political Science from DLSU
- National Model United Nations (NMUN) – New York delegate
- Our very own, Angeline Rodriguez – How To Land a Writing Gig: An Editor’s Perception in Writing
- Managing Editor, WheninManila.com
- Writer/Blogger, LilMissWonderWoman.com
- Irene Enriquez – Blogging: Finding Your Voice; Blogging Engagement
- Head of Communications, Veems
- (former) Editor-in-Chief, Adventour Magazine
- Writer/Blogger, GirlyGeek.ph
- Core Member, Philippine Bloggers Network (PBNet)
Bonus Topic: A Blogger’s Journey by Azrael Coladilla: On Getting Noticed by Readers and Sponsors
- Azrael is a Core Member of PBNet
- Witer/Blogger of Award Winning Blog, Azrael’s Merryland
WHAT: “Unleash Your Writing Skills the Write Way” writing workshop
WHEN: October 17, 2015 | 2 PM – 5 PM; registration starts at 1:30 PM
WHERE: Hog’s Breath Cafe | Civic Drive River Park Festival Mall, Filinvest City, Muntinlupa City
FEE: P500 — inclusions: Workshop fee, snacks, certificate of attendance (to be e-mailed)
This workshop aims to impart valuable tips and tricks to becoming a better writer like our very own Angeline Rodriguez, Managing Editor of When In Manila, Irene Enriquez of GirlyGeek.ph and Veems App, and Isabelle Yason, Social Media Manager/Writer for the Philippine Star.
Together, we create valuable workshops by gathering motivational and inspirational speakers to guide you in reaching your maximum potential in writing, digital marketing, and blogging. Brought to you by HealthJunkie.ph and Not Your Ordinary Mum. Sponsored by Hog’s Breath Cafe (major sponsor) and Faber-Castell / Dong-A (minor sponsor). Special thanks to our media partner, WhenInManila.com.
To register, visit www.healthjunkie.ph/writing.