5. Explore Boracay
In Boracay, it’s hard to find a spot on the beach where you can have it for yourself. Good thing Puka beach is just a tricycle ride away for only Php 30. Just tell your driver to take you to Puka beach. Estimated budget damage: Php 100
Just a little walk past the stone cliffs and you’ll be rewarded with privacy.
4. Happy Hour
Your Boracay trip will not be complete without chillin’ by the beach. Don’t miss out on Grumpy Bar at Station 2 for their cocktails for as low as Php 100 during Happy Hour (12 nn to 10 pm)!
Don’t forget to try their mojito and frozen margarita. They also serve local beers for Php 50 per bottle. Estimated budget damage: Php 300
3. Surf and turf
Eating out doesn’t have to be expensive. Reward yourself with a scrumptious dinner at Bamboo Boracay with a T-Bone steak for Php 245. Try their flavorful Seafood Gambas for Php 265.
They have plenty of dishes to offer. See them at Station 2. Estimated budget damage: Php 300
2. Don’t forget your pasalubong!
Visit D’Talipapa to get the best deals. They have keychains at Php 100 for 7 pcs. Or Php 200 for 16 pcs. Don’t forget to make a list of people you’ll be giving these goodies to, just to make sure you don’t miss anyone. Estimated budget damage: 200
Enjoy Boracay’s romantic sunset with no extra cost.
My budget summary:
- Bus from Kalibo to Caticlan – Php 82 x 2 = Php 164
- Boat from Caticlan to Boracay – Php 25 x 2 = Php 50
- Terminal Fee – Php 75 x 2 = Php 150
- Tricycle from Caticlan to Station 2 – Php 30 x 2 = 60
- Lodging – Php 1200
- Breakfast – Php 100 x 2 = Php 200
- Lunch – Php 250 x 2 = Php 500
- Dinner – Php 200
- Cocktails and Beers = Php 200
- Tricycle from Station 2 to Puka beach = Php 30 x 2 = Php 60
- Pasalubong = Php 200
Total = Php 2,984
Do you have any budget hacks for your favorite destination? Share it with us and we’ll take the challenge!