I guess it’s safe to say that most foodies in Metro Manila have dined in Eastwood City at least once due to the countless food establishments especially inside Eastwood Mall and around the plaza. But did you know that there’s a new foodie haven area within Eastwood City?
Last Monday, Frank and I decided to walk around Eastwood City to check if there are any new places to dine and fortunately, our feet led us the LeGrand Tower 1. I’m not yet very familiar with Eastwood City so I hope this map will help……
We got too excited that we decided to visit all 4 restos namely Juju Eats, Bobby Box, Mee Noodle Bar and my favorite Bar Dolci to check-out their best items!
And so, without further adieu, here are the MUST TRY dishes at the LeGrand Tower 1 area in Eastwood City:
1. Juju Eats – The brand which popularized juice cleanses has expanded their reach to cater to their fans from QC! Hooooray!! I’ve been so curious about Juju Eats for months since my co-writers have been raving about their juices and salads. And so today, we finally got the chance to experience Juju Eats for the first time. They offer fast fresh nourishing food and drinks with absolutely no guilt! Better than most popular fast food chains I believe, as their prices are quite competitive as you can already enjoy a filling salad for only P135!
with over 50 toppings and dressings you’ll have more than 5,000 salad combinations!
top left: Crispy Cat Fish Salad (P145 half); Tuna Nicoise Pasta (P220 half); Inasal Salad (P145 half)
We enjoyed each of these salads as they’re ultra fresh and crisp. As for my personal choice, I really liked the Crispy Catfish Salad the most, among the 3.
MUST TRY #1: Juju Eats’ Ay Caramba Wrap (P155)
Just look at the photo and you’ll understand why we recommend it! Super sarap with that fresh and crunchy texture with every bite! A hefty guilt-free meal!
Oh, and also don’t forget to try their Mexican Mocha, Nutmilk Latte and Vanilla Nutmilk Cold Brews along with a cup of their chia puddings for dessert!
2. Bobby Box – As we continued on with our merienda, we decided to check out Bobby Box! Making its debut in Manila is Korea’s very own Bobby Box that serves casual Korean food which is unbelievably affordable as compared to most Korean restos in the metro which tend to be pricey and intimidating. The vibe here may be very hip but they do serve seriously tasty Korean dishes.
Here’s what we had:
Fiery Chicken Box (P119 with rice for take out)
Bibim Box (which goes with 3 Korean appetizers when eaten in the resto)
MUST TRY DISH #2: JAPCHAE!!
Japchae, jabchae, chapchae, chop chae, or chap chae is a Korean dish made from sweet potato noodles, stir fried in sesame oil with vegetables, sometimes served with beef, and flavoured with soy sauce, and sweetened with sugar.
Also, their Bobby Bites are perfect to take out and bring to the office or home! You may choose from Bulgogi, Galbi, Chicken and evan Spam for only less than P100!
3. Mee Noodle Bar and Restaurant: Dinner time came and Frank and I were craving for noodles! He wanted to have laksa while I yearned to slurp on some ramen… good thing we discovered Mee Noodle Bar and Restaurant – the one-stop ultimate noodle place for noodle fanatics! Imagine all the classic Asian Noodle dishes served in one place….. whether it be Pad Thai, Mee Goreng, Japchae, Shio Ramen, Tantan Ramen, Korean Noodels, Sukiyaki, Curry, Pho, Laksa, Soba… you name it, they got it!
They also serve rice meals and starters to compliment your noodle of choice.
Frank and I liked their Laksa very much (P260)
Guaranteed fresh and made from scratch, no wonder it’s super rich and flavorful!
MUST TRY DISH #3: Kare Kare Noodles (P190)
The first of its kind I believe. If you love noodles and Kare Kare, then you ought to try this one. Best enjoyed with bagoong with every slurp!
Don’t forget to enjoy gulps of their Lemon Grass Tea which is such an effective palate cleanser! The best!
Oh, also, never forget to order their Smoked Fish with Cream Cheese cigars (P160) and their Laing Cigars (P150) as well! Perfect appetizers!
4. Bar Dolci – Last but certainly not the least, is my personal favorite Bar Dolci. Ever since we featured their BGC branch in 2012, I personally never bothered trying other brands coz I’ve been super contented with their items. And I’m really glad that they now have a branch in Quezon City since I don’t get to visit BGC that often.
It sure was great to say hello once again to my favorite Salted Caramel and Ferrero Gelatos! Eastwood City is really lucky to have Bar Dolci!
awwww still the best macarons for me!
Aside from their to-die-for gelatos and macarons , we were also surprised that they now offer Chef’s Specials for only P195 every lunch time!!
Bar Dolci‘s Pasta selection
For only P195, you get to enjoy your pasta dish of choice, drink and a demitasse cup of gelato!
MUST TRY DISH #4: Halva Gelato
Choosing a MUST TRY item for Bar Dolci was rather difficult as they have soooo much to offer!!
BONUS MUST TRY: Their Agua de Jamaica aka GUMAMELA WATER is also so unique that you never should leave Bar Dolci without drinking it!
Next time you visit or if you work in Eastwood City, never miss the chance to dine is all these restos! I can’t wait to go back to try out their other items! Hope to see you there! Stay tuned for more of our Eastwood City Eats-A-Date adventures!
For more details, check out their Facebook Pages:
1. JuJu Cleanse: https://www.facebook.com/jujucleanse
2. Bobby Box: https://www.facebook.com/pages/BobbyBox-Philippines
3. Mee Noodle Bar and Restaurant: https://www.facebook.com/MeeNoodleBarPH
4. Bar Dolci: https://www.facebook.com/BarDolci