Paula Mendoza was among the thousands of Filipinos who got laid off their jobs due to the coronavirus pandemic. Like most people’s initial reaction, she turned to binge-watching movies and TV series on streaming apps. Eventually, she got bored with it and started a gardening hobby but needless to say, the activity involved a lot of waiting time. That’s when the idea of taking online courses popped into her head.
COMPLETED 20 ONLINE IVY LEAGUE AND GLOBAL UNIVERSITY COURSES!Super duper tinodo ko na pagiging productive this…
According to Mendoza, her main goal was to acquire new strategies and techniques that would be beneficial for her next job. She says that it was like getting ready for another war and these courses were her ammo.
She apparently focused all of her energy into studying and was able to finish one course in only a day or two. Here are the courses she completed:
- UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA
– Achieving Personal and Professional Success
- UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO
– Social Media Advertising
- UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON
– Dynamic Public Speaking
- THE STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK
– Strategic Self Marketing and Personal Branding
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA
– Work Smarter, Not Harder: Time Management for Personal & Professional Productivity
– Effective Problem Solving and Decision Making
– Initiating and Planning Projects
- RUTGERS UNIVERSITY OF NEW JERSEY
– Strategic Sourcing
- HEC PARIS
– Building Your Leadership Skills
- MCMASTER UNIVERSITY
– Finance For Everyone: Value
- MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY
– Marketing analytics: Know your customers
– Strategic management: Be competitive
- UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND
– Developing Innovative Ideas for New Companies: The First Step in Entrepreneurship
- NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY
– Leadership Through Social Influence
– Content Strategy for Professionals: Engaging Audiences
– Connecting with Sales Prospects
- IE BUSINESS SCHOOL
– Brand Identity and Strategy
– From Brand to Image: Creating High Impact Campaigns That Tell Brand Stories
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
– Strengthening Your Widening Network
- TECHNION – ISRAEL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
– Cracking the Creativity Code: Discovering Ideas
The courses she took are all from Coursera.
For those who want to follow her example, Mendoza also gave a few pieces of advice. The first one is to check the course syllabus first before enrolling to get an overview of the topics that will be discussed and know what to expect. Second, you can either avail of Coursera’s free trial or choose among the free courses offered.
The third and last one is to be resourceful. She says that she did not have a study table at home so she borrowed her mom’s ironing board instead.
What activities have you tried at home during the quarantine? Tell us in the comments!
Do you have a story for the WhenInManila.com Team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a direct message at WhenInManila.com Facebook Page. Interact with the team and join the WhenInManila.com Community at WIM Squad. Join our Viber group to be updated with the latest news!