The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
When in Manila and you’re a certified ‘Tolkienite’ or ‘Tolkiendil’, then you know that The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug is now showing in cinemas everywhere. Heck, even if you aren’t, you should know it’s showing in cinemas. Wheninmanila.com had the opportunity to watch the movie premiere, thanks to the awesome people at The Great Events Plus Inc.
The movie is a must-watch for any LoTR fan or non-fan out there. I’m telling you that The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug is one of those movies you should NOT miss out on. Wait, you’re still not convinced on watching this epic movie? Well, channeling the spirit of Raffy’s Five Reasons Article, I’m here to give you Five Reasons to Watch The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug!
1. Awesome Action Scenes – The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug has one of the most enjoyable action scenes I’ve seen this year. The action scene one should watch out for is the lake battle between the orcs, elves and those heroic dwarves on barrels.
2. Magnificent Scenery – The staple shots that you’d get from the LoTR series continues here in The Hobit: The Desolation of Smaug. I’m pretty sure the movie will take your breath away with the gorgeous landscapes and sceneries that only a Peter Jackson film could bring.
3. Masterful Acting Skills – The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug has a collection of very talented actors and actresses. Actors such as Sir Ian McKellen (Gandalf), Martin Freeman (Bilbo) and Richard Armitage (Thorin) were masterful in their acting chops for this installment of the Hobbit film series. The main actors, of course, were backed up by a superb lineup of cast members who added their personal flair in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. Supporting cast members like Benedict Cumberbatch (Smaug), Evangeline Lily (Tauriel), Orlando Bloom (Legolas) and Luke Evans (Bard), to name a few, were able to put more into this already flavorful film.
4. Benedict Cumberbatch and his menacing dragon voice –Benedict Cumberbatch makes another mark in film for the year 2013 by lending his voice for Smaug. His performance as Smaug in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug is simply amazing. Benedict added a depth of intimidation and terror needed for the dragon that symbolized both ‘fire’ and ‘death’ for Middle Earth.
5. Legolas (and his perfect mane) – While it’s true that Legolas and Tauriel were not in the book version of ‘The Hobbit’, they added a whole new dimension to the film. Legolas’ appearance in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug also gave the character a new dimension. Compared to the Legloas we used to know in the Lord of The Rings movie series, this version showed a bit of ‘oomph’ and aggression that wasn’t much seen in his older counterpart. This alone makes Legloas one of the characters to look out for in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.
When in Manila and you want to watch one of the best movies of the year, don’t miss your chance to catch The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug! I assure you, you will not regret watching this movie. I’d like to thank once again the people of The Great Events Plus Inc. for this special premiere showing of the movie.