Cheers to another year for OPM! In celebration for this momentous occasion, we are bringing back RAKRAKAN FESTIVAL as we become BIGGER, LOUDER, and BOLDER! Oh, we just can’t get enough OPM in our veins, don’t we? Well, get ready to make history AGAIN as we celebrate Peace, Love, and Music with astounding back-to-back performances from our roster of OPM’s finest artists on March 1-2, 2019 at the Globe Circuit Event Grounds! Yep, you read it right—TWO DAYS of Rakrakan Festival this year because one day just won’t be enough to satisfy our OPM cravings.
It would still be a massive production set-up complete with 120 OPM artists, 6 stages (with 3 stages per day), skateboarding competitions, live art exhibitions, a merch bazaar, carnival games—name it!
What’s the complete band line-up, though? Well, you gotta stay on the lookout as we drop ‘em in the days to come! We’re still spicing things a bit to give you one hell of a rock n’ roll experience that will leave you a week-long festival hangover!
And if 6 music-filled stages aren’t enough to satisfy an OPM fan, “Rakrakan Festival 2019: Peace, Love, and Music” offers these pocket events to maximize the Rakrakan experience:
- Skateboarding Exhibition and Competition –a staple since 2013, the skateboarding exhibition and competition feature a free-for-all skateboarding area for attendees, with freebies and prizes at stake for contest participants in several categories including Best Run and Best Trick.
- Street Art Contest– five street art teams will endeavor to bring their creativity to life in this activity; winning teams will be judged based on their originality, style, and design. In addition, a “freedom wall” will be set up for all guests who wish to express their creativeness and leave their impression for future generations of OPM supporters.
- Merch Exhibit– currently the largest congregation of indie merchandisers in Metro Manila, with over 70 brands participating annually. Festival-goers will find everything here from tees and tank tops to shorts and jeans, jackets, socks, jewelry, footwear, artworks, sunglasses, pins, caps, toys, and plenty of other goods at very affordable prices!
- “Peace, Love, and Music” efforts shall also be undertaken in cooperation with several advocacy groups such as LoveYourself, Peace & Equity Foundation, United Nations (Philippines), Global Peace Youth, Act for Peace, and more in order to educate the audience regarding awareness of several advocacies about social issues in the country.
- Side activities such as face painting and henna tattooing,brand-sponsored games, information drives, and artist meet-and-greet (for VIP ticket holders) will be there to complement the whole festival experience. Note this! Rakrakan Festival goers wearing WHITE will be given a free baller upon entrance while goers wearing RED will be given a free rose as a symbol of love!
Tickets are now available at all SM Tickets outlets nationwide! Prices are as follows:
1 DAY PASS:
Pre-Sale: PHP 400
Door Price: PHP 500
VIP: PHP 1500
2 DAY PASS:
Pre-Sale: PHP 700
Door Price: PHP 1000
VIP: PHP 2000
So, are you going for Day 1? Or Day 2? Better yet, go for Day 1 AND Day 2! Don’t miss it!
“Rakrakan Festival 2019: Peace, Love, and Music” is presented by Rakista Radio and Red Horse Beer Muziklaban, co-presented by Dickies, with Official Venue Partner, Circuit Makati. Visit www.rakrakanfestival.com for more details.