· On its 23rd year, TRUMPETS, Asia’s first professional gospel theater group known for its original Filipino musicals such as First Name, Pamilya Maleta, Fables & Parables, and blockbuster adaptations of classic tales like The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, Joseph the Dreamer, and Little Mermaid, stages its big musical comeback “The Bluebird of Happiness”.
· This brand new, all-Filipino musical adaptation of the Belgian play by Maurice Maeterlinck,with book & lyrics by Jaime del Mundo and music by Rony Fortich, is highly anticipated to have everything audiences love in a family show: delightful story, colorful characters, beautiful music, fantastic production design, brilliant staging, hearty laughs, touching moments and a valuable lesson.
· The show will approximately have a 50-strong cast of children and adults including some of the most seasoned, award winning, and most reliable theater actors who have performed for local and international audiences. (A SEPARATE ANNOUNCEMENT WILL BE SHARED SOON)
Mytyl and Tyltyl are two poor children who embark on a magical adventure in search of a mythical creature called the bluebird of happiness. They are accompanied by their dog, their cat and a candle in human form named “Light” who help them on their journey. Together they explore wondrous and mysterious lands and meet interesting and enchanted characters in their quest for true happiness.
They visit: “TheLand of Memory” where they encounter their long dead grandparents, “The Kingdom of
Night” where they must face their worst fears, “The Forest” filled with trees who have a grudge against humans, “The Palace of Plenty” that holds all kinds of riches and luxury, and “The Land of Soon-to-be-Born” where sadness is unknown. Despite of all the places they visit they end up where they started and find that the “Bluebird of Happiness” is right in their own home.
· ARTISTIC TEAM
o Jaime del Mundo – Director / Book & Lyrics
o Rony Fortich – Music
o Mon Faustino – Musical Arrangement
o Mio Infante – Stage & Costume Design
o John Batalla – Lighting Design
o Sweet Plantado-Tiongson – Vocal Direction
o Nancy Crowe – Choreography
· Like the Official Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/
· Follow the Official Twitter account – @TheBluebirdMNL
· Rehearsals begin in August 2013
· Actual Run: September 26 – October 20, 2013 at the Meralco Theater
Tickets available through Ticket World
THE BLUEBIRD of HAPPINESS by Trumpets