If you’re planning on traveling to South Korea soon, make sure to read the following as they now have stricter visa requirements for Filipino tourists.
The new implementation was made public by the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in the Republic of the Philippines last February 17, 2015. The stricter visa requirements will be effective starting March 1, 2015.
Prior to the announcement, only the following documents were required for visa application:
1. Certificate of Employment
2. Bank Certificate
3. Copy of Income Tax Return
Starting March 1, 2015, with the stricter requirements, visa applicants now have to provide the following documents with additional information. (NEW REQUIREMENTS)
1. Certificate of Employment – This should detail the applicant’s position, date of hiring, compensation, address, office landline number (mobile number is not allowed), and e-mail address.
2. Bank Certificate – This should include information about the account type, current balance, account opening date, and six (6) months average balance (ADB).
3. Copy of Income Tax Return – Document should include applicant’s personal TIN number.
4. Bank Statement (for the last three months) – The Bank Statements/passbook must be in its original or certified true copy form.
The embassy said, “All documents must be issued within 3 months on the date of application.”
Have anything to add? Share your thoughts in the comments!