Takbo Para sa Marinong Pilipino
When in Manila, everyone knows that running is an easily accessible activity. Anyone can run and almost everyone concerned with good health does it. You just need a decent pair of shoes, some determination and a lot of discipline. This rigorous cardiovascular exercise allows us to burn an average of 100 calories per mile. This means running 5 miles a day can burn 500 calories, making it a legitimate way to lose weight. Other popular activities, such as biking and walking, only burn a fraction of those calories in the same amount of time.
The Philippine Merchant Marine Academy Alumni Association, Inc. is cordially inviting all running enthusiasts and families to join the first PMMA Alumni First Host Classes “Takbo Para sa Marino 5k Fun Run” on February 17, 2013 at the Venice Piazza McKinley Hill, Taguig City. Part of the proceeds from this event will be donated to the Seaman’s Welfare Fund.
PMMA Fest 2013 : Takbo Para sa Marino Running Shirt
To add more fun, free Fiesta Breakfast from Red Crab will be served in round tables after the run. The registration fee is only Php 700 with singlet (running shirt), race bib and a finisher’s medal. For students, registration fee is Php 450. Avail of this discount by providing valid (current school year 2012 – 2013) student IDs upon registration. Registration sites are open in selected Chris Sports branches, Red Crab Alimango House restaurants, and PMMA Office. Let us all start the year with a healthy and fun lifestyle. Join PMMA Fest 2013 5km Fun Run Takbo Para sa Marinong Pilipino!
To further add more fun, we are giving away one or two race kits by just following these simple instructions:
1. Like the Facebook page of When In Manila : https://www.facebook.com/WhenInManila
2. Send a picture of yourself thru Facebook message to Wazzup Pilipinas wearing a running shirt and tell us why you want to win a race kit.
3. Look for your picture from the album and ask your friends to Like your picture.
4. Winner will be the most number of Likes on their photo.
5. Deadline of contest is on February 8. Winner(s) will be notified via Facebook message.
PMMA Fest 2013 : Takbo Para sa Marino Finisher’s medal
DATE: February 17, 2013 (Sunday)
VENUE: Venice Piazza, McKinley Hill, Taguig City
ASSEMBLY TIME: 5:00am
GUN START: 5:30am
BENEFICIARY: Seafarers Welfare Fund, PMMA Alumni Association Inc.
REGISRATION FEE: P700
STUDENT DISCOUNTED PRICE: P450 (SY 2012-2013 ID must be presented before registration)
Registration fee includes singlet, race bib, finisher’s medal.
Free Fiesta Breakfast from Red Crab after the run!
Discount stub from Chris Sports
– 5% discount on regular priced items in any Chris Sports branch
– 40% discount on ON SHOES (available in Chris Sports Glorietta only)
– Stub is valid from the date of registration to March 31, 2013
REGISTRATION PERIOD: January 20 – February 15, 2013 or until supplies last
PRE-REGISTRATION / RESERVATION: January 12 – 17, 2013 (call Without Limits Secretariat 3837658)
PMMA Fest 2013 : Takbo Para sa Marino Finisher’s kit
· Chris Sports SM North Annex Tel No. (02) 928-1487, (02) 927-6734
· Chris Sports SM MOA Tel No. (02) 556-0261, (02) 556-0260
· Chris Sports SM Megamall (02) 633-4946, (63)(2) 633-1659
· Fitness and Athletics Bonifacio Global City Tel. No. (02) 5191750
· The Red Crab Alimango House Tomas Morato Tel. No. (02) 412-4323
· The Red Crab Alimango House The Venice Piazza Tel. No. (02) 403-8011
· The Red Crab Alimango House Lucky Chinatown Mall Tel. No. (02) 7089578
· The Red Crab Alimango House Resorts World New Port Mall Tel. No. (02) 856-0087
· The Red Crab Alimango House Greenbelt 3 Tel. No. (02) 757 4129 / (02) 7574716
· The Flying Pig East Wood Tel. No. (02) 900-0886
· PMMA Office TSM Building Dian St. Pasong Tamo, Makati City (02) 9372080 Mr. Glen Rosales
PMMA Fest 2013 : Takbo Para sa Marino 5K Fun Run