When in Manila and wanting to try out the best beauty products in the Metro on a budget, the monthly BDJ Box would be your saving grace. The BDJ Box has never let me down and I literally squealed when I heard that the October 2013 BDJ Box would be filled to the brim with the best Maybelline goodies out there. After all, I have and will probably always be a Maybelline girl. 🙂
October 2013 BDJ Box
Maybelline has always been my go-to brand for beauty products. What I love the most about them is that they cater to all sorts of skin types and beauty needs. The funniest part is that people assume that I don’t wear makeup, but let me tell you a secret: I do. I just know how to put it on so well that it ends up looking super natural.
Let me teach you how to do exactly that with the Maybelline products found in the October 2013 BDJ Box.
October 2013 BDJ Box: How to Get an All-Natural Makeup Look with Maybelline!
I can’t believe I am actually posting this, but this is what I look like when I get out of bed. No makeup. No fancy clothes. No hair products. Scary, I know.
To get rid of the scare, here are the steps that I follow:
1. I start by creating an oil-free and clear base with the Maybelline Clear Smooth BB Stick by dabbing it onto my forehead, nose, cheeks and chin; and then I blend, blend, blend! 🙂
This BB stick actually works well for both oily and combination skin (I’m part of the former), so you don’t have to worry about picking up the wrong one at the department store. It also works as a great anti-shine “powder” for a whole 12 hours! Awesomesauce!
2. I create dramatic eyes that pierce with the Maybelline EyeStudio Master EyeLiner. What I love the most about this particular eyeliner is that it is soft and not too pencil-like. It’s just the right width, as well. Plus, it is retractable for the utmost convenience.
This particular eyeliner also happens to be smudge-proof and waterproof, so you can be sure that it will stay where it is meant to stay all day or all night.
3. I curl my eyelashes and swipe on the Maybelline Volum’ Express Stiletto Mascara to help me get longer-than-usual eyelashes with just a few strokes. (God knows I need them!)
4. I brush on the Maybelline Cheeky Glow on the apples of my cheeks to get an easy blend of light-weight blush that doesn’t look too red and still looks all-natural. That’s not a pa-cute smile, by the way. You have to smile to know where to put on the blush. 😉
5. I swipe on sheer layers of the all-new Maybelline Baby Lips Runway Brights for baby-soft lips all day long.
6. I instantly follow up with some Maybelline Color Sensational Lasting lipstick. The one I am using here is the ‘Are You Red-Dy?’ variant, which provides great coverage and moisture. The color is pure love, too!
Sometimes, I share the love with my daughter, too. :p
7. Lastly, whenever needed, I retouch with the Maybelline Clear Smooth All-in-One Shine-Free Foundation!
Voila! A flawless all-natural look.
The lipstick aside, you really can’t tell that I’m wearing any makeup, right? Such is the beauty of the Maybelline products found in the October 2013 BDJ Box!
And just for added emphasis on how much of a miracle worker the right makeup can be, here are the before and after photos once again:
Inspired to try out your own all-natural makeup look When in Manila? Then subscribe to the BDJ Box yourself and enjoy beauty products like the ones featured here yourself! 🙂