Since BTV and NBA Premium TV operations had stopped, many are wondering where they will be able to watch the games. It left fans in despair especially that the Tip-Off is just around the corner.
NBA announced on tuesday that some games for the 2019-2020 NBA regular-season will be livestreamed in the Philippines via Facebook and Twitter. It will also continue to be available on NBA League Pass for subscribers.
“We are excited to celebrate the start of the new season by streaming games on social media for the first time in the country,” said NBA Philippines Managing Director Carlo Singson. “The Philippines is one of the world’s leaders in social media penetration and usage with over 17 million followers of the league’s social media accounts, making it an ideal platform to livestream NBA content. With NBA games on Facebook Watch and Twitter, we are empowering the digital lifestyle of our fans with the ability to enjoy the NBA anytime, anywhere. As the media landscape evolves, we look forward to introducing more ways to bring NBA games to a nationwide audience this season.”
The games will be on NBA’s accounts Facebook.com/NBAPhilippines and Twitter.com/NBA_Philippines. There will be live and on-demand access to one game per day during the tip-off week October 23-29 and one game on Mondays and Thursdays from October 31 onwards.
NBA Tip-Off 19 games available on Facebook Watch and Twitter in the Philippines Schedule:
- Oct. 23, 10:30 a.m – Los Angeles Lakers @ LA Clippers
- Oct. 24, 7:30 a.m. – Boston Celtics @ Philadelphia 76ers
- Oct. 25, 8:00 a.m. – Milwaukee Bucks @ Houston Rockets
- Oct. 26, 10:30 a.m. – Utah Jazz @ Los Angeles Lakers
- Oct. 27, 8:00 a.m. – New Orleans Pelicans @ Houston Rockets
- Oct. 28, 7:00 a.m. – Portland Trail Blazers @ Dallas Mavericks
- Oct. 29, 8:00 a.m. – Oklahoma City Thunder @ Houston Rockets
Additional details and updates regarding the distribution and broadcast information of NBA games and programming in the Philippines will be announced soon.