Looks like Jay-Z has Dr. Dre beat to it in becoming the richest hip-hop artist.
According to a Forbes report, Jay-Z’s net worth has officially reached a billion dollars. This is based on his total income from various businesses with “a healthy amount to account for a superstar lifestyle” deducted from it.
Here’s the breakdown of his value:
- $310 million for Armand de Brignac champagne
- $220 million in cash and investments, including a $70 million stake in Uber
- $100 million for D’Usse cognac
- $100 million for Tidal
- $75 million for Roc Nation
- $75 million for his music catalog
- $70 million art collection
- $50 million in real estate
The total amount of these is equal to ONE BILLION DOLLARS.
Still, this does not include the net worth of his significant other, Beyonce. Apparently, the couple has been worth more than a billion dollars for quite some time now even before Jay-Z hit his first solo billion.
Forbes said Dr. Dre is worth $800 million, $200 million short of Jay-Z’s.
Anything to add to this story? Share your thoughts with us.