A few weeks ago, a new HIV bill was passed into law pushing for better protection against HIV/AIDS. This includes a wider allowance for those who can and cannot get tested for HIV. In line with this push for more people to get tested, several clinics have started to offer free HIV testing.
- Klinika Bernardo – Ermin Garcia Ave., Quezon City 0932 403 3412
- Philippine General Hospital – Taft Ave., Manila (02) 554-8400 loc. 3249
- Batasan Social Hygiene Clinic – #1 LBP Rd., Brgy. Batasan Hills, District 2, Quezon City 0932 136 3674
- Mandaluyong Social Hygiene Clinic – Maysilo Circle, Mandaluyong City 0932 709 2912
- San Lazaro Hospital – Quiricada St, Santa Cruz, Manila, Metro Manila (02) 732 3777
- Love Yourself Anglo – Unit 5, 3/F, Anglo Building, #715-A Shaw Boulevard, Mandaluyong City 0927 892 6611
- Love Yourself Uni – 2028 Taft Avenue Extension, Pasay City (02) 256 9384
- Love Yourself Welcome – 858 Blumentritt Road corner Remedios Street, Sampaloc, Manila 0967 207 1976
- Victoria By Love Yourself – 2/F Torres Bldg., 2442 Park Avenue, Pasay City, Metro Manila 0915 831 8715
- Lily by Love Yourself – 5th Floor, Pineda Building, #98 Manalac Ave., Sitio De Asis, San Martin de Porres, Paranaque City 0928 68 96422
In Region 1 there is:
- Region 1 Medical Center PINAS Unit – Arellano Street, Dagupan, Pangasinan (075) 515 8916 / 515 3030
And in Region 4-A:
- Dasmarinas City Health Office Social Hygiene Clinic – Zone 2, Manggubat St., City Health Office 1, Dasmarinas, Cavite (046) 416 0279
This new HIV law also calls for the Department of Health to provide free anti-retroviral treatment and medication. Hopefully, this becomes a push for private clinics to offer more accessible treatments, as well, if not completely free ones. It already requires private health and life insurance to cover costs related to HIV/AIDS!
Have you gotten tested yet?