When In Manila, try something new with your regular American hotdogs
and visit Hapadogs at Sky Garden, SM North Edsa for
Japanese inspired hotdogs all dressed up to suit your palette.
I got invited to this restaurant that really took my interest. Well, I’m from Paranaque so travelling to SM North Edsa would prove my point of curiosity. I visited their site (hapa-dog.com) and saw that viral video. You have to watch it, it really got my apetite going!
Hapadog merges the western American hotdog with authentic Japanese ingredients. A combination of our very own Japanese style toppings infused over the finest quality wiener, nestled inside our freshest baked hotdog buns, makes for a delectable taste experience like no other.
The “Sky Garden” is such a cool place. For people who are foreign to this place, the Sky Garden is at the top of SM North Edsa and is a strip that have a lot of variety of food and beverage places like Gong Cha, the milk tea place. It’s a cool place to sit and chill with a couple of friends after a long day. You can easily pass this place if you’re an MRT commuter up to North Edsa.
This is their menu.Everything is very affordable! & not your typical hotdog from the convenient store.
Our starter. These cool looking thingy-ma-bobs are Japanese sodas called “Ramune” (Ra-mu-neh) & well, it’s not just a refreshing carbonated drink. Opening it is half the fun! You’d have to pop the top and it will really explode up like champagne. They have it in strawberry and green apple. (Php 85.00)
Spinach with a special sauce and some sesame seeds.
I wish they serve this in a bigger bowl like a donburi bowl. I enjoyed it so much 🙁
Here comes the dogs!
They serve either as a whole (which can really make you full, depending on your appetite though) but for people with a small appetite you can order half a dog and they serve it like the photo above.
I love the hotdog meat itself, it doesn’t have to be dressed with sauce, etc but with ’em it’s so much more flavorful.. & messy (which is the fun part!)
(Php 85.00 – Php 175.00)
Grated dikon, sauce & spring onions.
(Php 95.00- 185.00)
For all those healthy-shmelty people out there. Here’s an option for you.
Hotdog smothered in spinach. I was warned it may be bland. But it was actually very satisfying.
(Php 85.00- 175.00)
A choice of fruit, avocado or mango with cucumber, tamago (egg),
kani, ebiko, nori, japanese/wasabi mayo (for a kick) & topped with nori flakes.
If you’re a california maki fan, you’d definitely love this.
Plus the hotdog itself is a tempura-dog meaning it was dipped in batter and deep fried.
Over all the flavor combinations were a good balance of salty, sweet,
tangy with the crunchy texture from the tempura-dog and cucumber. A must try!
The dogs are really the highlight of this experience. But what’s more interesting for all you tambays is they’re open till nigh time. & you know what that means! *drum roll please*
Check out these cool shots.
They’re lit on your table and as the flame dies, you drink them with straws
(since the glass will be hot) I was sprinkling some cinnamon on the flame and it made small sparks.
How cool! (Is it obvious I don’t go out often? I was told this was common? haha)
It was really sweet and bitter (duh, alcohol) But hey, worth a try and fun with your friends.
Be careful though! (Php 105.00)
A shot glass with more alcohol is balanced with a pair of chopsticks above a pool of fresh Japanese sake. You hit the table down as hard as you can with your fists and the shot drops in the sake.
I love how sake tastes. I am not a beer drinker. Or maybe Im just incredibly picky with my brewed malt choices but sake is so refreshing! And that extra shot made it better. It became fruity and citrus-y.
Cake pops! Oh-em! You know those little lollipop things they sell in starbucks? Well, those suck compare to these! They have red velvet flavor with white chocolate! It was so moist and chewy! Karen even said their apologies since they can’t give us more since they ate the stocks. Haha. Must try!
When In Manila here are 5 reasons to visit HAPADOG soon:
1. TEMPURA TUESDAY – Buy 1 Take 1 Temp-tation Dog every Tuesday (whole day) or receive a 50% discount on each order of a Temp-tation Dog.
2. BEER SERVED ZERO – TIRED OF WATERY , LUKE WARM BEER? HAPADOG IS NOW SERVING BEER BELOW ZERO!!! ONLY FOR PHP50 EACH!!!
3. HAPA-HOUR – ALL DAY THURSDAY– 50% off HAPA Drinks such as : Bomb Series – HIROSHIMA,SAKE BOMB,GREEN LANTERN,DR. KOBAYASHI,BUKO BOMB,RISING SUN, and GREEN SAMURAI; for Flaming Series – HOT FUJI APPLE PIE, FLAMING LEMON DROP, RED SUSHI SHOT, GEISHA SHOT, and TOKYO WINTER.
4. HHAPA Loyalty Card – Every purchase of any Signature Hotdogs and Rice Meals your are entitled to receive a “ LOYALTY CARD”. On your next visit present your Loyalty Card upon ordering and get an Iced Tea or Coffee for FREE! And let the counter person sign each circle of your card. After completing last circle you are entitled to a FREE Hapa Meal.
5. HHAPA PARTY TREAT — We are offering different PACKAGES for you guys that will suit your budget ranging from ONLY P150-250 per person (min. of 3 persons). This includes Signature hotdog(s), Rice Bowl, 2 side dishes and drinks/shots.
When In Manila, have a glass of cold sake, some red velvet lolli-cakes and any of their delectable array of Japanese hotdogs from Hapadog.
Sky Garden, SM North Edsa, Quezon City